The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europa League: for or against?

+12
Eoin
hönkki
panagios
Zebulon
zinga
The Rock
Janus_Gersie
SergLoureiro
Heinz Eder
kechris
Thossa
Admin
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Europa League: for or against?

Europa League: for or against? - Page 5 Vote_lcap55%Europa League: for or against? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 46 ]
Europa League: for or against? - Page 5 Vote_lcap45%Europa League: for or against? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 38 ]

Total Votes : 84

Europa League: for or against? - Page 5 Empty Re: Europa League: for or against?

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm in doubt between Dakar and Munich. It 's a difficult choice. These two cities have the same number of players .... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Europa League: for or against? - Page 5 Empty Re: Europa League: for or against?

Post  Thossa Mon May 10, 2010 9:14 pm

In Italy you have an other funtastic song. It calls: Prisencolinensinainciusol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S00Br2SSrY8

lol!

Loved it
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Adriano Celentano

very beatiful song

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Tue May 11, 2010 1:00 pm

De Francesco wrote:I'm in doubt between Dakar and Munich. It 's a difficult choice. These two cities have the same number of players .... Very Happy

I was wondering mr De Francesco, is humiliation of the countries that don't have a large number of players the correct way to develop the game worldwide??

You and some other members of your TEMPORARY BoD behave like you are superior, but you must know that in democracies arrogance never wins. September is getting close and the only thing you have managed until now is to prove that you have no respect for the players' opinions.

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Dear Drastis,
I'm only tired of hearing criticism from people who cannot do their job in their country.
I am a practical man. First I show that I do know what I'm talking about and after I give advice.

For my work don't worry I think it's much better for me to commit my time in my country. Probably what I'll be in September.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 pm

De Francesco wrote:Dear Drastis,
I'm only tired of hearing criticism from people who cannot do their job in their country.
I am a practical man. First I show that I do know what I'm talking about and after I give advice.

For my work don't worry I think it's much better for me to commit my time in my country. Probably what I'll be in September.

Does this means Circular n.16 is already obsolete?
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 pm

If you read the circular in english, it's OK. If you read the french version, it will convince you never invest money in companies producing translation softwares :-)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Tue May 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Stefano,
there are reasons for some associations why they can't do their job and get the results you would like to see from those countries. In the actual situation there is even a board member who could give a big support with his company.
You only need to compare the situation in italy with most of the other countries then you are going to find the reasons very easy.
It is too simple only to compare the numbers of active players and then to build an opinion about an association. If you want to build an opinion about an association or the people working there you need to know exactly the structure of the association and the work done by the board of the association.
Or do you really think that the german association is happy with the actual number of active players? I think no association can be happy with the current numbers.
What do you think about the situation in France for an example? Do you think Laurent is a bad president, because of the low number of players there?

Heinz

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Even with 1000 active players you can't be happy because in some countries, the first criteria to become a sport (and there are many criterias) is to have 5000 members!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm

In Germany to become a member of the DOSB (Deutscher Olympischer Sporbund) - governing body of all sports and olympic activities - one need to have at least 10,000 members and one need to have a regional structure in every Bundesland (state). And we have 16 of them ....
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 am

Heinz,
well actually Stefano is a nice bloke, but obvisiously he has a very bad advisor especially in case of the german association Wink
Nevertheless it is terrifing for FISTF to get an unbalanced Sports Director. This is unprecedented in the history of FISTF. It deserves respect when he already announced his demission for September, which proofs he is able to understand the situation in a right way. A brave and wise decision, too. Less than three months in the position as Sports Director and already tired of office... indeed, with such behaviour, an election for four years is reckless.

Heinz Eder wrote:Stefano,
there are reasons for some associations why they can't do their job and get the results you would like to see from those countries. In the actual situation there is even a board member who could give a big support with his company.
You only need to compare the situation in italy with most of the other countries then you are going to find the reasons very easy.
It is too simple only to compare the numbers of active players and then to build an opinion about an association. If you want to build an opinion about an association or the people working there you need to know exactly the structure of the association and the work done by the board of the association.
Or do you really think that the german association is happy with the actual number of active players? I think no association can be happy with the current numbers.
What do you think about the situation in France for an example? Do you think Laurent is a bad president, because of the low number of players there?

Heinz
Wink
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Subbuteo Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Thossa wrote:Heinz,
well actually Stefano is a nice bloke, but obvisiously he has a very bad advisor especially in case of the german association Wink
Nevertheless it is terrifing for FISTF to get an unbalanced Sports Director. This is unprecedented in the history of FISTF. It deserves respect when he already announced his demission for September, which proofs he is able to understand the situation in a right way. A brave and wise decision, too. Less than three months in the position as Sports Director and already tired of office... indeed, with such behaviour, an election for four years is reckless.

Don't worry, he was just kidding... http://www.subbuteoforum.it/public/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=14097&view=findpost&p=229421
(rough translation:was only a joke, there will be no quakes in FISTF) Shocked

Subbuteo
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm

That's not what I call a good sense of humor... Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Subbuteo Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Admin wrote:That's not what I call a good sense of humor... Crying or Very sad
Fully agree, but he thinks he's funny... and smart. Rolling Eyes

Subbuteo
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Vulpes Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 am

Please take a look at the times is an extreme example

http://www.dstfb.de/CL.xls
Thomas Vulpes
Thomas Vulpes
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  panagios Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 am

Could you elaborate?

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Vulpes Thu May 13, 2010 12:27 pm

There is only one example. An team of Spain wins in five years follow. But as Belgium, Austria has Italin more teams is Spain not past them. To put three teams to be allowed.

It should show the country are given preferential treatment with more teams.
Thomas Vulpes
Thomas Vulpes
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Thu May 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Dear Thomas this example prove that the system with the points is a BIG MISTAKE.

Who had this "fantastic" idea?

I think that one or two teams per EVERY country is fair. And we can give extra positions by world ranking. We don't need an extra special ranking for Europa cups. We need a simple system the same for all federations.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 13, 2010 7:35 pm

The biggest mistake is to say that you don't qualify teams from the world rankings because the consequences will be huge for the clubs who use to travel a lot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Thu May 13, 2010 8:31 pm

You didn't understand.
I want teams to qualify by world ranking.
I believe that the best is the national federations to select one or two teams for every cup and one or two teams per country to qualify by world ranking.
I want two cups with 16-24 teams in each tournament.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi thomas,
your excel sheet only represents a part of it how the new system should work.

you only list the results of 5 years, but you need to consider the results which are cancelled every season too. If an association has a weak year and a strong year falls out of the ranking, an association even can loose points in the total ranking, on the other side if a weak year falls out for an association and the clubs have a strong year they can make big points.
The system is working very simular like the actual WR of FISTF.
This is the objective situation on that matter, undependent of my personal opinion.

Heinz

Thomas Vulpes wrote:Please take a look at the times is an extreme example

http://www.dstfb.de/CL.xls

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Vulpes Sun May 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Sure you're right. Also have written it is an extreme example. But it would be possible. I've got to make a suggestion of the faierer. The points scored by the participants to share the country. So it is with football in the Uefa.
Thomas Vulpes
Thomas Vulpes
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm

I don't know till now, where you want to take that number of teams from?
Mons attracts about 40 Teams (not clubs), the Europa Cup never had more than 32 teams, except of Italy and Belgium no country had more than 4 starters in the last years, so how should it be possible at the moment to get 32 or even more different clubs? In the last edition of the EC only Belgium, Italy, Germany and England were able to nominate 2 substitutes.
This makes clear that only those countries would have teams for the Euro League in the end.
I don't think we have the number of clubs to organize 2 events each with at least 16 teams. We also should stop thinking that an Europa League would attract teams from countries not represented in the current format, because I think the current system is the last reason for a club not to travel to the EC played in the current system.
Your proposal would be a good one with let's say 500 registered clubs, when there are more than 3 or 4 countries with more than 5 or 6 clubs. Before starting with your proposal other things need to be done first.

Heinz
kechris wrote:You didn't understand.
I want teams to qualify by world ranking.
I believe that the best is the national federations to select one or two teams for every cup and one or two teams per country to qualify by world ranking.
I want two cups with 16-24 teams in each tournament.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 pm

If a country has one team playing the european, cup, it must automatically be in the Champions League.

I don't see how a country could have a team in the Europa League and not in the Champions league....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tilgner Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Thossa don't worry for my job......

I'm waiting to see your work in your country. I have not seen anything since you have eliminated De Angelis many yesrs ago......

In Italy there is a song ...... words words words.....

Well, in contrast to your statement the truth is: in first place Mr. de Angelis tried very hard to eliminate Germen table football many years ago!
And as we can see he was quite successful since we've lost lots of players whilst his 'activities' ... he shouldn't be too surprised that those who passed the test of his presence are not willing to keep him as a good friend.
Personally I made my experiences with him and I know what I'm talking about ...
Marcus Tilgner
Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5