The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Advertisement for FISTF President

+5
Heinz Eder
Luis Filipe Horta
panagios
Admin
Thossa
9 posters

Go down

Job Advertisement for FISTF President Empty Job Advertisement for FISTF President

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pm

I think a helpful FISTF President for the moment is somebody, who is wellknown, independent and far away from trying to do a one-man-show in FISTF.

Who could it ?
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Job Advertisement for FISTF President Empty Re: Job Advertisement for FISTF President

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Thossa wrote:I think a helpful FISTF President for the moment is somebody, who is wellknown, independent and far away from trying to do a one-man-show in FISTF.

Who could it ?
YES: Von K.
CERTAINLY NOT: Catania, Koutromanos, De Francesco, Garnier
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Job Advertisement for FISTF President Empty Re: Job Advertisement for FISTF President

Post  panagios Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Is this a poll?

thossa , what do you think? (since you initiate the discussion)

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:55 pm

panagios wrote:Is this a poll?

thossa , what do you think? (since you initiate the discussion)

No poll of course. Just a search for some opinions who could represent FISTF in best way for the moment.

Candidates are welcome Wink
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Before you find a new president, you need to find a new team for FISTF.
First of all, you must find the proper persons to each job that should be able to work together, and, then, it should be easier to find the right president.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Before you find a new president, you need to find a new team for FISTF.
First of all, you must find the proper persons to each job that should be able to work together, and, then, it should be easier to find the right president.

This is actually a dual process.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  panagios Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:17 pm

to find anybody, you should first of all know what he/she wants to do. we know nothing up to now.

therefore the question should be : what makes a good president

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:33 pm

The president should work with the con on new statutes.
The president should have a look on it that every department is active and works.
The president should check the status of the different national associations.
The president should be the undependent "referee" in case of several problems.
The president should define a program with all the departments for the periode he is eleted for.
The president has to represent FISTF.

Those are the most important things in my opinion.

panagios wrote:to find anybody, you should first of all know what he/she wants to do. we know nothing up to now.

therefore the question should be : what makes a good president

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't want a BoD with one man show.
I want a team and one represantive of them as president.
Seven persons with experience ideas and time.
AND WITH PROGRAMM (no hidden) !
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:29 am

kechris wrote:I don't want a BoD with one man show.
I want a team and one represantive of them as president.
Seven persons with experience ideas and time.
AND WITH PROGRAMM (no hidden) !

Yes, normally I would support that idea. But right now we would have to look first for a name and then maybe for a team or a program. Anjd I don't really think we need seven people. But we could leave that up to discussions.
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:06 am

If i could vote i would look for at first if the candidate have publish his opinions. How he dreams the future? After i will check his past.
What he did for the table soccer? How many years was active player? Did he travel very often to abroad to understand all the international and national problems? I prefer a good player because he can feel how important are the great tournaments (w.c e.c). And of course good user of English because the communication part is very important.
And for last i left this: i want candidates no snob. A candidate who can discuss in forums who can spend his time for table soccer.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:57 pm

At this difficult moment for FISTF I would, again, find a more unothodox approach.

What does the FISTF need now?

Unity, democracy, more people involved, more dialogue between all parties.

It does not need a Board or a President that continues to separate TF.

So, I would say the Presidents most important job is to unite and get people from different sides working together for the same objective, TF. The President does not have to do much every day work in my opinion. He needs to be the leader of people doing the work. He doesn't need to make decisions over every day things, he needs to make decisions to make people work together and to make things work. In most successful businesses there is a diversity of people with different opinions, because it creates good ideas. The leaders are there to keep the focus and to keep the balance.

I also would abandon the idea of a Board with about 5 people, who are the only ones deciding about things. With so few people, too many good people are left out. Critiscism is also inevitable when only a few people decide on things.

The system of the Sports Commission should be an example. All those involved feel they really are making something good. No one cares where the other one is from. It's about brainstorming, and the leader (Olivier) makes questions and propositions for others to comment (no forum discussion style). Then he makes a new proposal according to the comments, until the best solution according to the democratic group is found. It's not much work for the people in the Commission, and it makes the work of the director easier. The burden of responsibility is also shared better.

So I would choose for the Board the best candidates, no matter who they are or do they get along with which other directors. The most important quality is to be able to work together and lead a group like this, and the ability to work with different directors under the guidance of the President.

Then those directors create (with the approval of for example the Council) their groups from interested and good people from different countries. For different positions it's different needs. The finance section probably doesn't need anyone. And for example for communication, I'd have more people than one working on it as a team.

It really is quite ridiculous, and no firm would ever do things like this, that there is a Board with directors, who actually do everything themselves!

The idea of the whole system would be to involve more people in the work of FISTF to create better understanding and feeling for the federation. With more people, also the different views are seen better. Also the obvious problem of eurocentricity, and the "problem" of Italy being so far ahead of the rest and needing different things, can be solved with a work group that is one ladder below for example Sports Commission. This would involve more people from the problem areas (for example the non-European countries), to create solutions to propose.

It's a bit difficult to explain this, but in reality this is very easy to make work. Without organisation like this, all good thoughts are running like sand through our fingers in these forums.

Even I, who am a relative newcomer in the FISTF, know countless persons who would be of big use to FISTF and many of them would no doubt want to do their share, if there would be more possibilities than just "be a Director or a President and lose all your personal life".

Sharing work is important for democracy. Sharing ideas in well-constructed and heterogenic work groups brings out better solutions. Sharing the passion for the game, with also those who think a bit differently, brings more unity.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  georgy Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am

Admin wrote:
Thossa wrote:I think a helpful FISTF President for the moment is somebody, who is wellknown, independent and far away from trying to do a one-man-show in FISTF.

Who could it ?
YES: Von K.

Not just because I know him personally and I consider him a friend and I am honored that he feels the same, but mainly because knowing IN PRACTICE:
his unbiased Finnish mentality,
the fact that he uses always reasoning than emotion,
and certainly his love for the game

I agree 1000% with Vincent that Vesa is a VERY VERY good candidate, and certainly has my vote!
I do not know if he has time and energy, but I am sure that a team which would have "players" such as Vesa, will be beneficial for the whole TF community, and certainly a HUGE step forward!

P.S. Actually his previous post, proves me right! Actually the fact that he is a Finn is a plus ("independent" as Thossa said)
georgy
georgy
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  panagios Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 am

kechris wrote:If i could vote i would look for at first if the candidate have publish his opinions. How he dreams the future? After i will check his past.
What he did for the table soccer? How many years was active player? Did he travel very often to abroad to understand all the international and national problems? I prefer a good player because he can feel how important are the great tournaments (w.c e.c). And of course good user of English because the communication part is very important.
And for last i left this: i want candidates no snob. A candidate who can discuss in forums who can spend his time for table soccer.

I will have to agree with everything kostas says here, with one addition that makes all the difference in the world. This president should NOT be a top player in order for him to be able to focus in presiding and not playing.

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Right comment Alex. I meant an ex good player.
So we must ask before the elections by the candidates to stop playing in individual OR team events in high level and stop to be represantive of club.
I think that is very difficult to ask by a person who wants to spend his time for better table soccer to stop enjoy and stop tottaly playing.
MAYBE WE CANN'T FIND CANDIDATES. BUT A CANDIDATE WHO CAN ACCEPT TO LOOSE A PIECE OF HIS ENJOY HE IS AT LEAST A RESPONSIBLE CANDIDATE. (i insist for a good ex- player. Catania was not player for more than 15 years and he saw W.C for first time in Rain...).
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:32 pm

DonĀ“t make it too much complicated, otherwise we will not find one Wink
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Did you like the president now? I ask because the standards were very low in past elections.
I think that there are 7 persons in all europe who were good players, have experience , speak english, with open mind to discuss his opinions and to stop playing in W.C.
I didn't ask something special for the next BoD members.
The last elections voted only 3/7 with experience only 1/7 good player only 2/7 speak good english (the one is englishman) and 0/7 inform us for their opinions.

p.s i am looking for this video-trailer who sent for the professional table soccer organisation for the future before the elections...

Last edited by kechris on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm not sure the english guy was the one who speaks the better english Very Happy Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 pm

This was unfair for a person who you as president selected him for partner ...
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Some people understand what I'm talking about... Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:33 pm

OK. Now i think that i understand your joke.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down