The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary

2 posters

Go down

TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary Empty TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary

Post  Thossa Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Tomorrow Germany oldest Subbuteo club will celebrate it´s 50th anniversary in Dortmund. A lot of old Subbuteo legends like Günter Czarkowski and Volker Bärwald will be present to watch a tournament playing with old rules, large balls and 2 X 20 minutes Wink

Will keep you informed cheers
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary Empty Re: TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary

Post  von K. Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Thossa wrote:Tomorrow Germany oldest Subbuteo club will celebrate it´s 50th anniversary in Dortmund. A lot of old Subbuteo legends like Günter Czarkowski and Volker Bärwald will be present to watch a tournament playing with old rules, large balls and 2 X 20 minutes Wink

Will keep you informed cheers

Brilliant!

You will probably take some photos, but can you also take a video of those grand old men playing? I'd love to see how the old game is played. It would be a massive cultural deed to video the game.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary Empty Re: TSL Dortmund 1961 - 50th anniversary

Post  Thossa Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:11 am

Let´s see what i can do Wink

Wayback in 2006 at the FISTF WC in Dortmund, Günter Czarkowski and Aribert Schweiß, both born in the 1920´s played a few minutes just for fun with 2D-figures until one of them finaly scored (of course Czarkowski = Fritz Walter & Beckenbauer of german Subbuteo in one person). I know a lot of cameras were focused on both and immortalzied the moment, but I for time being I can say where we can not find this available anywhere.

I know both, Czarkowski, Schweiß and another very old german Subbuteo-Legend called Jupp Kaczmarek will be present at the anniversary. Maybe we will arrange something new with them Smile
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 am

All of this sounds absolutely wonderful! It would have been worth the money and time, travelling there.

At first I thought the old masters will play a whole game. But, if you can catch on a video any game with players who really know how to play the old game, it would be great. Any video of the old game with old figures would be nice, of course.

Which figures are allowed in the tournament?

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 am

Can´t say. Probably all kinds are allowed but I am sure the old flat one´s are in advantage Cool

If you want to play pretty cool "old style" tournaments each year you should plan trips to Berlin in May or to Cornwall in August.

Certainly you will love both Very Happy
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down