The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helsinki Open GP/IO 22&23 May 2010

+6
chragg
Admin
Thossa
zinga
hönkki
von K.
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Helsinki Open GP/IO 22&23 May 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Helsinki Open GP/IO 22&23 May 2010

Post  Thossa Mon May 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Vesa,

I know you speak german language very well. We have already news on www.dstfb.de

It´s great to hear about the spirit what makes FISTF strong. A family atmosphere under friends. There is more beyond the sport and that is good and that is important. I am and was part of lots of tournaments in my neighborhood countries in the last 12 years, some EC´s and all WC´s since 2002. Always I felt coming back to a second home because of the friendship and good relation to a lot of players from so many different countries. And I know there are so many other players, who see it exactly the same way.

Keep up the good work Exclamation

I hope the danish and norway players could follow your paths now.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Helsinki Open GP/IO 22&23 May 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Helsinki Open GP/IO 22&23 May 2010

Post  Martin Hodds Tue May 25, 2010 12:07 am

von K. wrote:With all the hype normally going to the winners and the overall atmosphere, also the ones who make it possible with hours and hours and hours of work should be remembered. In all the competitions, and especially the really big ones.
Very true, Vesa. Very Happy

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 am

Last, in my opinion the best part of the weekend was the U-15 competition

I want to say something about those juniors. Some months ago we had practically just one junior, Jere Tuominen. Now we have 5-10 active juniors in little tows called Mäntsälä and Hyvinkää. The credit from this goes to Lars Moberg, a man who started to play just some months ago by himself. He created a youth club with his sons and their friends out of nothing. They got support from the church. They can play free in the church's premisess and church also gave them financial support with the equipments.

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm

hönkki wrote:The credit from this goes to Lars Moberg

I have to add that in this brief period of time he has also been in contact with his friend at a semi big market chain, and it's possible that there will be a story about table football in the market's own free newspaper and table football products on the shelf of the market. It's all unofficial yet, but we'll see what happens later this year, and hope for the best.

In small countries this kind of person is worth gold. Like in the USA Paul Eyes.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu Sun May 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Some photos that weve got from our players can be found at http://gallery.subu.fi
If someone wants any pic with bigger resolution, email me.
Kaitsu
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  georgy Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Even though I am a bit late I want to congratulate
ALL of you who organized this fine tournament!

Firstly BIG congratulations to Karhunen for his victory! Amazing result! When they ask me back in greece if finns are good or not I will use this
as my answer! Even if the guy was with one leg, blind, injured, without sleep or whatever, the result is what counts!
I just wish I had not played against him on Saturday that he was hot!

Congrats to Sihvola brothers for reaching the semifinals! And to Vesa Kouvonkorpi for proving once more that he is a very good player and fair!

Congrats also for the FOOD!!!! Both days I enjoyed it very much!

HUGE CONGRATS for the sauna night! It was really fun, I felt like a Finn, I enjoyed everyones company even though f...g Murinio won!

CONCLUSION?

1. The Finns are getting better every year

2. I recommend this tournament to anyone interested in having fun, AMAZING SPORTSMANSHIP, eat well!!!!! go to sauna!!! and visit a very beautiful city!!!!
georgy
georgy
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 pm

georgy wrote:
And to Vesa Kouvonkorpi for proving once more that he is a very good player and fair!

Thanks Yrjö! I really appreciate this a lot.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2