The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public liability insurance in Belgium?

3 posters

Go down

Public liability insurance in Belgium? Empty Public liability insurance in Belgium?

Post  von K. Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 pm

It was funny that the "honorary president" is not at all concerned about the things for example Janus has brought up. Instead he wrote in the SN forum something about belgians maybe not having a public liability insurance according to FISTF rules. I only found a mention in FISTF rules that a tournament has to have needed insurances to organise an event.

Does anyone know what this is rule he mentioned is officially about? i think it has been discussed, that some people want some absurd insurance which is same in all FISTF nations. Is this what he means, because I thought it was accepted as a new rule.

And why are the belgians targeted in this case? Any information?

p.s. I'd hope the "honorary president" would not be involved in everyday things that are not his job, especially questioning people on official forums. Maybe he should concentrate in making FISTF honorable again...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Public liability insurance in Belgium? Empty Re: Public liability insurance in Belgium?

Post  Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 pm

One of the most stupid posts ever to be honest.

In a private mail, Alan mentionned we (as WC organizers in 2005) had no insurance (!!!) and there no way to pay for damages in the toilets. In reality there were damages in the toilets for about 50 EUROS and we (as WC organizers in 2005) paid this amount to the owner of the hall.

As about th "organizers liability", in Belgium almost everybody has this kind of insurance (translated by "personal liability") and it covers damages happening in the private life. So there is absolutely no need to have extra insurances for the tournaments...
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Public liability insurance in Belgium? Empty Re: Public liability insurance in Belgium?

Post  von K. Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm

So it was as I figured. Another sad chapter for FISTF. He is after all honorary president representing FISTF, even though most of us know why he was given the title...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Yes, he's the only person who is not aware of the reason... Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 pm

von K. wrote:It was funny that the "honorary president" is not at all concerned about the things for example Janus has brought up. Instead he wrote in the SN forum something about belgians maybe not having a public liability insurance according to FISTF rules. I only found a mention in FISTF rules that a tournament has to have needed insurances to organise an event.

Does anyone know what this is rule he mentioned is officially about? i think it has been discussed, that some people want some absurd insurance which is same in all FISTF nations. Is this what he means, because I thought it was accepted as a new rule.

And why are the belgians targeted in this case? Any information?

p.s. I'd hope the "honorary president" would not be involved in everyday things that are not his job, especially questioning people on official forums. Maybe he should concentrate in making FISTF honorable again...

Oh yes, I remember this endless discussion before the WC 2010. I denied clearly to cover liabilities due to several reasons:

1. GERMANY was not the operational organiser, it was our club TSG Rain. Therefore GERMANY didn't need an insurance.

2. Not a single person within FISTF was able to reasonably explain me WHY we should have this insurance. The only answer was: you may have public liabilities to cover.
I could start a long discussion now about public liability treatment in Germany. To shorten it: WE DON'T NEED SUCH AN INSURANCE.

It is not enough just to ask if Belgium has such a coverage. If I am correctly informed the club of SC Stembert is the organiser of the upcoming GP. So the question of Alan is misdirected.

Please can someone explain to me why national associations need public liability coverage ???? Maybe we have different views and jurisdiction in Europe ... I only would like to understand the view of Alan ...
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:11 am

i believe this was discussed thoroughly also on this forum last year. Unfortunately some people have missed it or the point. The law is the same in Finland. The finns are covered by their own insurances, the foreigners should have their travelling insurances in order, and all problems regarding the building are dealt by the insurance of the building. Association law in Finland does not require associations to have insurances for their events, unless some specific activity requires one (like fire shows etc).

I do understand that some countries can have different laws about it. But FISTF can't explain why every country and every tournament should have one.

It's a pity that these things have to be discussed over and over again, if there are no new arguments raised.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down