The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FISTF newsletter

5 posters

Go down

FISTF newsletter Empty FISTF newsletter

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Looks like some people don't know what the word "copyrights" means...
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

FISTF newsletter Empty Re: FISTF newsletter

Post  Kaitsu Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Admin wrote:Looks like some people don't know what the word "copyrights" means...
Can you be bit more specific?

Bit of too endogamic (is that the right word?) for my taste and the president of fisct has same kind of dreams about tf as most of the players, so nothing too new. The WC hotel etc sounds good, but i think there won't be as much players participating that there has been earlier years. Well, that's what i've heard.

I actually smiled irl after reading the first line in first comment at page 12:
Its not easy to give an advice to FISTF.
Even if it's taken out of the context, i see it as the most honest sentence in the whole newsletter.
Kaitsu
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm angry because I keep records of tournaments and sometimes I send my private files to Freddy to help him to compile points for the rankings. These files have a mention on top saying they can not be published without my permission. And to my surprise all the results section is a paste & copy of my files, which take hours to be made (Catania could realize the job it is to retype the results of Bologna when you only have the rows of games!!!). Slvio didn't even translate some basic words from french to english. So I'm clearly unhappy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Admin wrote:I'm angry because I keep records of tournaments and sometimes I send my private files to Freddy to help him to compile points for the rankings. These files have a mention on top saying they can not be published without my permission. And to my surprise all the results section is a paste & copy of my files, which take hours to be made (Catania could realize the job it is to retype the results of Bologna when you only have the rows of games!!!). Slvio didn't even translate some basic words from french to english. So I'm clearly unhappy.

Well, Vincent I was ready to write that especially the "Results" part of the newsletter is a good effort, but you killed all my good intention... Now, I have to exclude "Results" from my comments and I only can say that the rest is pure propaganda.

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:30 pm

drastis wrote: is pure propaganda.

"Nothing new on the FISDF front."

Maybe you should make an official question about this, Vincent? After all you did mark the copyright was yours, so it seems worth an official complaint.

You shouldn't send those to anyone nowadays... (Freddy didn't do it on purpose, but still.)

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 pm

I just read it and it's a load of rubbish from journalistic perspective. But as that perspective requires critical unbias view and equality in thinking, it is not a surprise. But if it is supposed to be support for the Board (not FISTF in general) then it is done correctly.

I saw Manu Gorgette comment about those results in french, but I think someone should write it clearer in SN that some credit (for letting people steal his work...) should go to Vincent.

Did you know about this, Luís? I hope you didn't.

p.s. It's quite funny that the man who destroyed last year is back in court. So is the gang all there, already? Let me see, the last year's Board was: Catania, De Francesco, Koutroumanos, Capponi, Collins, Garnier (did I miss someone?). And now we have (in different positions): Catania, De Francesco, Koutroumanos, Capponi, Collins, Garnier, Vulpes! (I have to wonder what Fred is doing in that company...)

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 am

I should point out that I only mentioned Luís' name, because he is the only one involved in FISTF communications, and thus also the newsletter. And it would be nice to know if it was common knowledge that some of the work was copied without consent of the person (Vincent) doing the work. Which means (at least an ethical) copyright violation.

I don't mean Luís would sanction such things, but he holds no power, so his opinion can easily be overrun.

Basically I'm interested to know who is responsible for the newsletter? Who approves what is written in it? And who knows what is in it before it is published?

That's what I wanted to ask you, Luís. Do you know the answers to those questions?

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:49 am

Of course I sent a complait to Capponi but got no answer till now...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

Sorry guys, but this discussion becomes a bit double-face in my opinion.
On one side people critizize what will happen with the FISTF homepage, if Capponi owns it and isn't president anymore, on the other side people complain that the FISTF-news are copied from Vincent now.
The newsletter is owned by a person, but the homepage shouldn't be owned by a person? Where is the difference?
In my opinion the work done in combination with a job in FISTF always should belong to the federation, so in both cases I think it shouldn't be a matter of personal conflicts.

maybe I got something wrong, but that's how I understood things written here.

Heinz

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 am

I understood that Vincent was talking about some results etc and not about newsletter is owned by him.

With the domain thing is bit different as the one who owns it is able to fully control it. Like with our association, i'm the one who owns the domain and i'm the only one with the full control with everything. In our case this ain't problem, but i could do anything i want to the site, forum, mails etc. They can also access in to users private things (like private messages sent via forum) if they are interested. And people who are running the SN forum as we have seen and hiding the admins true identity won't get me to trust them too much.
Kaitsu
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am

ok, then i got it wrong.
anyway if they would use the standard FISTF sheets and the work is done by Vincent, i don't think somebody could complain. If vincent use an own format, then he is right to complain.

Kaitsu wrote:I understood that Vincent was talking about some results etc and not about newsletter is owned by him.

With the domain thing is bit different as the one who owns it is able to fully control it. Like with our association, i'm the one who owns the domain and i'm the only one with the full control with everything. In our case this ain't problem, but i could do anything i want to the site, forum, mails etc. They can also access in to users private things (like private messages sent via forum) if they are interested. And people who are running the SN forum as we have seen and hiding the admins true identity won't get me to trust them too much.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:ok, then i got it wrong.
anyway if they would use the standard FISTF sheets and the work is done by Vincent, i don't think somebody could complain. If vincent use an own format, then he is right to complain.

If I understood correctly, Vincent had added a copyright sentence to the files he sent to Freddy (?), who was not the one putting them in the newsletter. So Vincent did the writing work for his own purposes, but someone used that work without permission. And the one doing the newsletter was too lazy to even change them from french to english...

It sucks.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Vesa, if you want I'll send you some files so that you can catch what it's all about...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

This story only reflects the personnality of Catania: a cheater who just wants to keep all the pride for himself...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Admin wrote:Vesa, if you want I'll send you some files so that you can catch what it's all about...

You can send me email, Vincent, if you like.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:43 am

at least it would be a good behave to mention the source he takes his information from, or a short "thanks to the writer Vincent Coppenole", but I think for that he was maybe too proud in the end.

Admin wrote:This story only reflects the personnality of Catania: a cheater who just wants to keep all the pride for himself...

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:33 pm

And now he's asking Freddy the latest files of the latest tournaments... Very Happy So funny...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:he was maybe too proud

I don't think "proud" is the right word...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 am

it should something between ironic and sarcastic Exclamation

von K. wrote:

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 am

Heinz Eder wrote:it should something between ironic and sarcastic Exclamation

von K. wrote:

Or just plain stupid/idiotic Rolling Eyes tongue
Kaitsu
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:31 am

thx for the compliment Evil or Very Mad

Kaitsu wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:it should something between ironic and sarcastic Exclamation

von K. wrote:

Or just plain stupid/idiotic Rolling Eyes tongue

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 am

Heinz Eder wrote:thx for the compliment Evil or Very Mad

Kaitsu wrote:Or just plain stupid/idiotic Rolling Eyes tongue
i was talking bout him, not about you. affraid
Kaitsu
Kaitsu