The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup again in July!

4 posters

Go down

World Cup again in July! Empty World Cup again in July!

Post  von K. Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:58 pm

The World Cup of 2012 seems to be put in the middle of July. Personally I don't see any idea in this, because July is for many people the time for a family holiday. Traditionally the World Cup has also ended the season.

So why is it now 2 years in a row in July? And who made the decisions, and based on what information?

It would be nice to have a better reason than the one that was given about the italian World Cup (that italian juniors can participate better). The events which are compatible with big football events (2006 and 2008) have been justified with better visibility through football.

Finland, and myself, are only small insignificant players in these matters. But it has to be said that the date seems to affect our chances of participation, and as far as I know, no finns are going to Palermo (we have been in the last 4 World Cups also with a team and not only individuals).

It would be nice to have some views on this. Also it would be nice to know if associations were asked about this.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

World Cup again in July! Empty Re: World Cup again in July!

Post  Admin Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

July this year seems like it will be a disaster for the sport. Sorry but how can FISTF take another EXTREMELY BAD decision without having learned from what will happen in 2011? Once again the FISTF Board is ridiculous because it's made by ridiculous people who only think about their own interests. Disgusting!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:15 am

I see another organizational problem for the WC in july.
There are many people who get information about their qualification at the end of april which is very close to plan a good trip.
Addtionally you have the problem of very expensive trips as Kostas already explained in another thread, and I don't think that more young players have time and money to travel in july when they should be on holidays with their parents maybe.
On the other side in september the problem was always that in some countries the school already started and young players were not allowed to travel.
I'm not sure what should be the perfect date to help the young players to be able to play the WC without having troubles with parents and/or school.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:46 pm

It will always be a tricky thing with the right date of a WC, it seems to me Laughing If you move it into August, a lot of young players are with parents in holidays.

I am open for moving the date if it helps in anyway (look at 2006 and 2008), but I can not see the need to place it this year in one of the hottest places in Europe at July. I never saw anyway an explantation for it.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:I see another organizational problem for the WC in july.
There are many people who get information about their qualification at the end of april which is very close to plan a good trip.

It has been a problem no matter when the tournament is played. Too many questions about who gets to play are open even until July. It's ridiculous. The number of players/country should be clear already in the winter.

Heinz Eder wrote:I don't think that more young players have time and money to travel in july when they should be on holidays with their parents maybe.

July is very expensive month to travel compared to September. But the reason for July was that italian young players have holidays then, and they can get to the competition easier.

So, for some it's better to have a holiday, for others not.

Heinz Eder wrote:On the other side in september the problem was always that in some countries the school already started and young players were not allowed to travel. I'm not sure what should be the perfect date to help the young players to be able to play the WC without having troubles with parents and/or school.

As the holidays are held in different months in different countries, wouldn't it be reasonable and wise to ask the associations what are better dates for their players, and then make a decision? Also school systems are different from country to country. In here it's not a problem getting a day or two, or even more, off for travelling abroad. All this would be clearer by asking people.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:56 am

Do you think you solve the problem of late drop outs by asking earlier for the numbers? I think exactly the contrary would happen.
Generally you can fix the numbers at the end of june, when the WC is in september, of course for the subs not very satisfying, but in general the subs who are there are players for the team event, who don't have a ticket for the individual. If that makes sense is a different question.
There were already discussions about a total modification of the WC, there was everything said, which also includes the problem you wrote about.
If you want to know already in winter who plays, you need to finish with the national championships also in winter, which maybe could create problems in some associations too.
Actually the problem becomes bigger, because the players know only less than 3 months before the WC if they have a WC for the World Cup or not. That affects also the national associations, because if a player is qualified because of his results on the national circuit and then he also qualifies over WR the association has to nominate another player, who is very late then too.

von K. wrote:
It has been a problem no matter when the tournament is played. Too many questions about who gets to play are open even until July. It's ridiculous. The number of players/country should be clear already in the winter.

I'm not sure if the first half of september isn't main season especially in the countries of the south too, so to travel in july to Greece or to travel at the first week-end of september wouldn't make a real difference then.

von K. wrote:
July is very expensive month to travel compared to September. But the reason for July was that italian young players have holidays then, and they can get to the competition easier.

Would be interesting to ask that, but I think the result will be july or august, but for sure I can't know it.
Of course it isn't a problem to miss 2 or 3 days, but the question is if parents accept it for their children.

von K. wrote:
So, for some it's better to have a holiday, for others not.

As the holidays are held in different months in different countries, wouldn't it be reasonable and wise to ask the associations what are better dates for their players, and then make a decision? Also school systems are different from country to country. In here it's not a problem getting a day or two, or even more, off for travelling abroad. All this would be clearer by asking people.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down