The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders

+2
Martin Hodds
von K.
6 posters

Go down

FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders Empty FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders

Post  von K. Sat May 15, 2010 11:01 pm

The Rain World Cup section doesn't deserve this topic, so I'll continue the discussion here.

Rob Smith wrote:
Admin wrote:Oh, and FISTF want to pay the trip for australian players. Great news!

Unfortunately, the "Australian" players cannot make this years WC, we are hoping that maybe next year or 2012 we can have a representation and send a competitive team.

who are these Maltese Australians and who is paying for whose flights???

It really is the cheapest possible way to get popularity. The incredibly unselfish FISTF board is "helping" the "poor little australians". Don't make me laugh!

And they use the official channels of info to promote themselves without even asking the australians, if they are coming at all. The idea clearly is to have their own friends with them to the World Cup, and even pay for their (it meant the Maltese Australians) tickets with the money that belongs to the global federation.

That would in my opinion be close to criminal mismanagement of federation funds in favour of friends, and I'd ask for legal consultation after that. I would also immediately advice the finnish federation to stop paying the FISTF anything, because the Finnish federation surely wouldn't want to pay for the costs of Maltese ("Australian") players.

It reminds me of another cheap publicity stunt. The Finnish federation was offered by the FISTF president (without asking and in totally different context) to host the Europa League inside a couple of years. This happened almost immediately after the elections where the Finnish ederation voted against the current BoD. How could a "promise" like this be kept when even the competition isn't born yet. The empty promise was clearly made with a view to win over the Finnish vote later this year.

At the same time the Finnish federation was told that they should apply for national Olympic Committee support. There were no other help or ideas for creating money to help the sport in Finland. Earth to BoD, are you listening... What are they thinking? Even in Italy the sport isn't part of CONI (Italian Olympic Comittee), and Malta is the only exception (for obvious reasons).

And last but not least. The Finnish federation President contacted FISTF three weeks ago about next years GP/IO dates. Then after seeing ourselves that it's the 3rd weekend of May we changed the plan and two weeks ago made a new inquiry regarding the fact that you can't apply for a GP/IO with the form they want us to use for application. The answer to the first question then came a couple of days ago, but the second question is still unanswered and i think we should make the application quite soon.

It may need a special decision to have both GP and IO on the same weekend, but we need some answer. Also with only the GP it would probably mean that our tournament would have even less foreigners (this year at the moment 9, which is a record).

If the FISTF BoD really wants to help federations, then they should start answering (at least officially sent) questions. And not offering airline tickets (to countrymen) and making empty promises about tournaments in the year 2013 or 2014.

I must make clear that I am not in the Finnish Board and this is not the official view of the Finnish federation. This is my personal critique based on facts at hand. Nothing against the persons, just the actions. No BoD is perfect, but this is really getting ridiculous beyond belief.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders Empty Re: FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders

Post  Martin Hodds Sun May 16, 2010 11:53 am

Do these "Maltese Australians" actually exist, or was it just a sarcastic comment on another thread ? Cool

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders Empty Re: FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders

Post  Thossa Sun May 16, 2010 1:12 pm

The FISTF President asked us to revise the news on the World Cup-website about the australian support, cos he thinks he is misinterprated. As he suggested FISTF could pay for their flights (I think he means only the flights for the maltese Australians, not for all Australians), he had in mind FISTF could look out for sponsors for this project.

But now, after Rob already posted in this forum there will be noone coming from down under, I think the news on the World Cup-website is misplaced.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Thossa wrote:The FISTF President asked us to revise the news on the World Cup-website about the australian support, cos he thinks he is misinterprated. As he suggested FISTF could pay for their flights (I think he means only the flights for the maltese Australians, not for all Australians), he had in mind FISTF could look out for sponsors for this project.

This doesn't change anything, really. The fact that FISTF would use it's energy and sponsorship money to get countrymen of the President to the World Cup is still very fishy indeed.

Thossa wrote:But now, after Rob already posted in this forum there will be noone coming from down under, I think the news on the World Cup-website is misplaced.

This underlines the other problem with even the corrected news. The FISTF BoD didn't bother to ask the Australians if they even want this kind of thing.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Sun May 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi von K.,
I only want to answer your complaint about the tournament requests.
The sports department only wanted the dates for the Grand Prixs, if the finnish association only wants to organize an individual GP it is ok to book only 1 day of the week-end, after the deadline for the GP application, the association could send the request for the individual Open on the second day of the week-end.
It is only important to know which week-ends are blocked for GP or IO in other countries.

Heinz

von K. wrote:The Rain World Cup section doesn't deserve this topic, so I'll continue the discussion here.

Rob Smith wrote:
Admin wrote:Oh, and FISTF want to pay the trip for australian players. Great news!

Unfortunately, the "Australian" players cannot make this years WC, we are hoping that maybe next year or 2012 we can have a representation and send a competitive team.

who are these Maltese Australians and who is paying for whose flights???

It really is the cheapest possible way to get popularity. The incredibly unselfish FISTF board is "helping" the "poor little australians". Don't make me laugh!

And they use the official channels of info to promote themselves without even asking the australians, if they are coming at all. The idea clearly is to have their own friends with them to the World Cup, and even pay for their (it meant the Maltese Australians) tickets with the money that belongs to the global federation.

That would in my opinion be close to criminal mismanagement of federation funds in favour of friends, and I'd ask for legal consultation after that. I would also immediately advice the finnish federation to stop paying the FISTF anything, because the Finnish federation surely wouldn't want to pay for the costs of Maltese ("Australian") players.

It reminds me of another cheap publicity stunt. The Finnish federation was offered by the FISTF president (without asking and in totally different context) to host the Europa League inside a couple of years. This happened almost immediately after the elections where the Finnish ederation voted against the current BoD. How could a "promise" like this be kept when even the competition isn't born yet. The empty promise was clearly made with a view to win over the Finnish vote later this year.

At the same time the Finnish federation was told that they should apply for national Olympic Committee support. There were no other help or ideas for creating money to help the sport in Finland. Earth to BoD, are you listening... What are they thinking? Even in Italy the sport isn't part of CONI (Italian Olympic Comittee), and Malta is the only exception (for obvious reasons).

And last but not least. The Finnish federation President contacted FISTF three weeks ago about next years GP/IO dates. Then after seeing ourselves that it's the 3rd weekend of May we changed the plan and two weeks ago made a new inquiry regarding the fact that you can't apply for a GP/IO with the form they want us to use for application. The answer to the first question then came a couple of days ago, but the second question is still unanswered and i think we should make the application quite soon.

It may need a special decision to have both GP and IO on the same weekend, but we need some answer. Also with only the GP it would probably mean that our tournament would have even less foreigners (this year at the moment 9, which is a record).

If the FISTF BoD really wants to help federations, then they should start answering (at least officially sent) questions. And not offering airline tickets (to countrymen) and making empty promises about tournaments in the year 2013 or 2014.

I must make clear that I am not in the Finnish Board and this is not the official view of the Finnish federation. This is my personal critique based on facts at hand. Nothing against the persons, just the actions. No BoD is perfect, but this is really getting ridiculous beyond belief.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun May 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Hello Heinz,

Thanks for answering.

But the complaint was about the lack of answers for clear questions from our federation to the FISTF.

In previous years we have got an answer about special permission (I think such was needed) fast. And we need an answer, because if there can't be both GP and IO on the same weekend, it's possible that the whole Helsinki Open will not be staged. It's a big effort for our limited resources and having only the GP would reduce the number of foreigners so that we might decide not to organize at all.

So, my critique in this subject is towards the lack of communication even when the questions are made through the official route by the federation chairman. 1st question was sent 3 weeks ago and 2nd two weeks ago. The 1st was answered a couple of days ago, but the second stil waits for an answer. Why not answer both at the same time? And within reasonable time.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

FISTF paying for flights of Maltese Australians and other BoD blunders Empty BoD Blunders

Post  Thossa Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Vesa,

even when the Catania Crew produced a lot of mysterious things they are still in a comfortable situation. I can not see anybody especially Fred Vulpes, who is willing to candidate at the next congress against them. Therefore I donĀ“t see the "provisional BoD" as a "temporary BoD". Everyone should better adapt to the new facts we have: a President who feels objectes by dull lenses, a nastily Sports Director (not to be able to take nor critismn, neither improvement suggestions), an offended Marketing Manager with blinker, a General Secretary with a special secretary, a newnewsletterwebmaster as Communication Director and an opportunist as Financal Director who needs helping hands on all sides. And all of them demonize a forum with discussions...

This is the future.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18, 2010 9:23 am

And now they are manipulating the next elections, creating their own rules just to make sure nobody will try to bother them... Sooooo disgusting! Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Tue May 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Admin wrote:And now they are manipulating the next elections, creating their own rules just to make sure nobody will try to bother them... Sooooo disgusting! Crying or Very sad

Sorry Vincent, I can't keep myself from answering this comment of yours...

So, some people are manipulating the next elections, what an original thought!! And they are creating their own rules to make sure nobody will try to bother them! Well, this sounds a bit familiar... And you think this is soooo disgusting!! Well, you know what?? It will become worse when they sue you...

What a pity that although you were warned, you let our hobby become the prey of those hungry-for-fame people...

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Yes, I realize the mistakes now. The mafia is in the place right now and it will be hard to fire them!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue May 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Thossa (and others),

Yes, I know the situation is not bad for the current BoD. It's normal in every area of life, that the majority of people blindly accept almost everything that the people with power do. Usually nothing happens before it's time for drastic measures.

In this case a drastic measure on the not too distant horizon is another federation. It would be a disaster for this game, but I'm sure many people (but not majority) are not going to watch this circus for long. For me personally this is not a big issue. I have always enjoyed the game in Finland and I can easily just drop out of FISTF activity. If I were playing more in the international tournaments I would genuinely be considering forming another federation.

drastis wrote:It will become worse when they sue you...

I heard about this from the very nice greek player visiting Finland at the moment. It's downright disgusting that in the BoD there can be a person who is willing to sue fellow players for 200 000 euros because of table football. And this despite a valid court (!) order that says he shouldn't be the president of the national federation (to my knowledge, if not correct, please make a correction with a link to the court decision).

I know that these kinds of persons are even in the FIFA Executive (for example Jack Warner of the Concacaf) and top posts (Jerome Valcke), because many people are greedy for power and not honest, and others are stupid.

I can't accept that either, but in our little game it's even more absurd that a person like this could be on the BoD.

For preventing law suits I want to make clear that this is what I have heard, but if not correct, please make correction and I'll remove the text.

Last edited by von K. on Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Getting out of FISTF activity is the option I'm thinking as well. I usually enjoy playing at club level or in smaller events. In GPs or Open, I almost never play more than 3 games (often 2) so I don't care if I don't play there tournaments anymore. Same for organizing. I organize 2 Satellites a year but if FISTF doesn't care, I will not waste time for them.

I'm also curious to see the financal report of the Board and their projects. Considering almost all the FISTF money has already been spent on plane tickets and hotels rooms, I'm curious to see how they will work to get more money. If they think about raising the FISTF tournament taxes or the yearly fees from the association, for sure I'll refuse that.

Wait & see then...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down