The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter of Laurent Garnier

+9
the dwarf
Janus_Gersie
Thossa
Kaitsu
maxischn
hönkki
von K.
Admin
Heinz Eder
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Letter of Laurent Garnier Empty Letter of Laurent Garnier

Post  Heinz Eder Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Dear Presidents,
The Federation International of Sports Table Football will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2012! A birthday that I did not expect to celebrate as President.
1992 in Hamburg was an intense moment of joy and happiness for all players. At that time, the internet didnot exist yet and all nations were united in the same spirit to build the sport of tomorrow.
Where are we today?
This is one of the reasons why I accepted to take over the destiny of FISTF. The future of our discipline depends on the will of nations to respond. We are all responsible at every level of the current situation of table football.
For many years, signs of degradation were visible and they just become more and more pronounced until the crisis in 2010. It is not my intention to blame people. It is a fact.
There is no savior or providential man. However, there is an institution that must return to fundamentals and countries which must assume their duties.
Piero Caponi's resignation from his position as President is not good news for the development of our sport because it affects the institution, with regard to the reason that forced the president to give up his mandate.
Whatever reasons why people are opposed, it is unacceptable that violence and disrespect dominate. Personally, I strongly condemn these acts that I find outrageous and totally in opposition to the philosophy of sport.
Presidents, I wish to inform you that my determination in this area will be seamless. There is no justification of violence in sport. We must be, nations and FISTF, defenders of peace and opponents of all forms of violence.
The future of Table football starts today. We have the responsibility of the messages we want to deliver to young people. Behavior and attitude of some players through alcohol, verbal and physical aggression among others, must be firmly punished.
I am aware of difficulty in managing an international federation that relies on the goodwill of a small number of people. We only have limited resources and it is not possible to meet growing demands of all countries and players.
My role as President and institution is not to manage the daily problems of each individual
player on the planet. Each country must assume its responsibility and manage individual cases of
his players. The FISTF, as a federation, deals directly with presidents of federations. This is an
initial rule set and written from the beginning of the creation of FISTF and it is essential to respect. To each his own authority.
We will continue to work with the current team and develop the establishment of commissions in which countries have a role to play.
A FISTF board meeting will take place this weekend in Athens in order to analyze current situation and discuss about the replacement of outgoing Board members. We will define the main lines for the next 3 years, with the main objective, the rights and duties of everyone in the FISTF and in his own organization.
Very soon, I will ask for a meeting of the Federal Council in Paris, where the presence of each nation will be required so that we can, together, study the action plan that I propose for the coming years.
For me, it is not about revolution but evolution. We need to improve "human" communication in contrast to the "virtual" communication through the Internet that repels people rather than brings them together. We all have to learn from each other. Our culture, our way of living are not the same. We must take into account in our decisions and our actions these differences in sensitivity. A word can have different impacts or meaning according to country and language. I am in favor of dialogue and debate of ideas. That is why I am convinced there will be no sustainable development without real discussion, without real exchange.
We must, together, find solutions and financial resources if we want to continue this adventure. This requires a new approach to the management and the organization of international Table Football. Of course, the game, sports and action are important and fundamental data but they must be accompanied by better communication, a marketing plan - ie looking for resources through partnership, sale of derived products (books, DVDs, T-shirts, books, bags etc...) - grant in the political, a search for recognition at the Olympic authorities, demonstrations at major events that can generate resources (eg at the London Olympics). Return of Subbuteo on the European market is very good news that we should welcome with a lot of positivity. This implies the implementation of projects at European level but also worldwide for young categories.
There are solutions, far, far away from problems of susceptibility of players around a field.
We must raise the debate to give new impetus to the sport and be done with the reactions of capricious kids that tarnish the image of a game, Subbuteo which became a sport, and who have difficulty to accept their adult status.
To all, I wanted to tell you my belief and my determination to stay the course of the FISTF with your support. I remain at your disposal dear presidents, and hopes to have the opportunity to meet you soon around a table to work on the destiny of our sport.

Yours in Sport,
Laurent GARNIER
FISTF President

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Letter of Laurent Garnier Empty Re: Letter of Laurent Garnier

Post  Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Thank God, Superman is back!
Letter of Laurent Garnier Superman_returns,11
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:46 pm

This would be more trustworthy, if the person writing it would have practiced what he preaches (respect of members, debate and dialogue, FISTF communication with presidents, human not virtual contact etc.).

It also tells a lot that the degradation of the sport was stopped in 2010 in Garnier's mind. If he was so worried, then what did he do in the last 2 years in the BoD? Something concrete, anyone?

The respect for him and the others for creating FISTF has nothing to do with this and remains.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:43 pm

The whole letter is a joke.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am

Without knowning all the backgrounds I wouldn't prejudge Garnier straight away. To me his letter looks like a peace offering. He seems to intent to do something good for table football and he is ready for dialogue. On the other hand it would help a lot, if he would talk to De Francesco (or Capponi) to remove the bans from the SN forum.

Of course you can still call for elections. It would be interesting to see what is Garnier's response.

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  maxischn Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 am

hönkki wrote:Without knowning all the backgrounds I wouldn't prejudge Garnier straight away. To me his letter looks like a peace offering. He seems to intent to do something good for table football and he is ready for dialogue. On the other hand it would help a lot, if he would talk to De Francesco (or Capponi) to remove the bans from the SN forum.

Of course you can still call for elections. It would be interesting to see what is Garnier's response.

don't be fooled by his letter, almost all of them (to exact: ALL of them) were written that way - they sound nice and friendly, but that's it, nothing else will follow, nothing else will be done
maxischn
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:59 am

hönkki wrote:On the other hand it would help a lot, if he would talk to De Francesco (or Capponi) to remove the bans from the SN forum.
Asking again that what is the future of SN as it was claimed to be the official channel for Sport Department and the domain (and site?) itself is owned by Piero? I said before and still think that official FISTF forum should be located under the FISTF main domain/site.
Kaitsu
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm

For the moment the Sports Director is still Stefano de Francesco. According to what I have understood, until Laurent Garnier & the rest of FISTF BoD have find and agreed to a substitute, but latest until February (Major in Belgium).

So, as long as SNforum is the offical channel for FISTF Sports Director, nothing will change in his practice to use this forum as admin to select people he want or not.

Latest when a new Sports Director is find and Mr. De Francesco is defently out of responsibility in FISTF cases, the forum should be closed down and a new FREE FISTF forum can be initiated.

I hope Luís Horta as Communication Director will see it the same way I love you

Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Kaitsu wrote:Asking again that what is the future of SN as it was claimed to be the official channel for Sport Department and the domain (and site?) itself is owned by Piero? I said before and still think that official FISTF forum should be located under the FISTF main domain/site.

Well, easy answer: for Laurent the internet and especially discussion forums are something from the devil. He tried to explain to Thossa and me several times he is convinced that a lot of the current trouble comes from internet discussions. And if you read his letter properly you will get the section I am refering to.

I don't know how he would like to manage communication but I am scared we will lose communication on a brider scale ....

To be honest: Laurent is a man of kind words but without any action. Knowing him and what he has done in the last decade I must confess we will run again into deep troubles .....
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:50 pm

I fancy he would love a newsletter on paper and every player would have to pay to have a copy. That's what happened in France several times in the past. This is the interpretaion of the wod "communication" by Mr Garnier...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:54 pm

A new FISTF forum can be opened straight away in the FISTF site (not Subbuteonews site) under the friendly guidance of Garnier.

Hönkki, you don't need to judge Garnier straight away based on this. You can judge him by his actions as the longest serving BoD member (along with Koutroumanos) of FISTF since Frankfurt. Anyone is of course free to make their mind up, but have you also forgotten how our voting rights disappeared after Garnier had promised to contact us for a phone vote.

Past glory and achievements are one thing. The last 2 years is another. As a general secretary he had power to change many things he is now talking about, but did nothing. And he did not even answer the official german association question about the minutes of Madrid.

Diving deeper into things makes you find incredible things. I've been very interested in some things I've read from the italian Old Subbuteo forum, as an example. Everything has to be digested, but it's very difficult to believe all the problematic things written in many places regarding certain persons (always the same ones) are fiction and fantasy of the writers. Not the objective truth, but many things in FISTF, like Garnier's letter, need to be read cum grano salis.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Hönkki, you don't need to judge Garnier straight away based on this. You can judge him by his actions as the longest serving BoD member (along with Koutroumanos) of FISTF since Frankfurt. Anyone is of course free to make their mind up, but have you also forgotten how our voting rights disappeared after Garnier had promised to contact us for a phone vote.

I haven't forgot our vote that disappeared and I believe Garnier has been a bad Bod member, but still I might will call him a bad president AFTER I have seen his acts as a president, not BEFORE.

However, I also suggest new elections in the near future, because Garnier is the president ad interim, which means he is only temporarily the president. I would suggest the same thing no matter who is the president ad interim.

President ad interim just cannot say without elections "I decided to be the president for a couple of years".

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 am

hönkki wrote:

I haven't forgot our vote that disappeared and I believe Garnier has been a bad Bod member, but still I might will call him a bad president AFTER I have seen his acts as a president, not BEFORE.

Ok, I commented on the positive expectations you seemed to have because of the letter. Of course no one knows how a person acts in a different position, but if he is so worried and ready to be active now, why was he not the last 2 years? I also didn't need to see Koutroumanos as marketing director after I had seen (well he was invisible, in fact) him as communications director. Is it really worth the risk to wait and see if by some miracle Garnier is suddenly devoted to all the things he wrote about. For me it isn't, but people are free to make their own minds.

hönkki wrote:However, I also suggest new elections in the near future, because Garnier is the president ad interim, which means he is only temporarily the president. I would suggest the same thing no matter who is the president ad interim.

President ad interim just cannot say without elections "I decided to be the president for a couple of years".

If no one calls for elections, he will be President until 2015.

The idea of the statutes is that it is not necessary to have congress every time there is a resignation. But they need a general secretary, because he can't hold 2 positions. And all members of BoD, whether elected or appointed, have voting right in the BoD the same way the originally elected directors have. According to the statutes, and also based on logic to keep things moving.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Garnier is organizing a "big meeting" in Paril on January 6 & 7.

He asks respect from everyone.

The first sign of respect would have been to chose another date. The GP of Austria takes place the same week-end.

Shame!
Letter of Laurent Garnier 2398335449_1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Can´t find this information anywhere offical.

Can it be, someone has kidding you?

I mean, when FISTF BoD decided to move their meeting from Athens (last weekend) to Paris (middle of December), I don´t think Fred Vulpes par example would agree to drive to Paris again three weeks later, even when he is already inscripted for the Vienna-tournament.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm

unfortunately you are right.
There would be much better week-ends for such a meeting in my opinion.

Admin wrote:Garnier is organizing a "big meeting" in Paril on January 6 & 7.

The first sign of respect would have been to chose another date. The GP of Austria takes place the same week-end.

Shame!
Letter of Laurent Garnier 2398335449_1

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Thossa, I got this info from our President a day or two ago. Maybe Janus hasn't had time to forward this to you. Of course the website of FISTF should have this info immediately.

Admin wrote:Garnier is organizing a "big meeting" in Paril on January 6 & 7.

Respect is also to organize something with enough time to sort out private calendars. And respect would be to organise this in Mons, where many people will be anyway, and where Capponi and the belgian federation have already suggested a congress. If not EGM in Mons (depends on the members), then the meeting in Mons, instead of this in Paris.

And if there will be EGM in Mons, this will be yet more waste of money.

Signs of the things mentioned in the letter are not entirely visible regarding this announcement.

But what do I know.

Admin wrote:in Paril

You mistyped. I think it should be Peril. What a Face

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Paris, sorry Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Also, a few weeks later, many players will already travel to Paris for the GP of France... Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 pm

My information says Garnier is planning this in July Exclamation
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 pm

I understood July but after that Luis sent a letter to the associations...

July would be unacceptable because:
- it's only in 8 months
- it's holiday time
- it's just before the WC
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, ok. Even when July is a bad month as well, maybe it was just an error by Luís? Maybe he mixed up 1 and 7 (as number for the month)?

I still can not believe in January Laughing
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:39 pm

It's January. The file name had January in it, and it's mentioned many times in the letter. Not even the google translator is to blame, because the french version also said January (ok, it said Janvier, if we want to split hairs).

Dear President,
Dear Friend,

I am pleased to invite you to participate in the States General of Table Soccer to be held in Paris on 7
and 8 January 2012.

20 years after the creation of FISTF we are given the opportunity to get together to jointly reflect on
the future of our sport.

For its part the «Board» is at work. Of course, we are going through a difficult period that must be
analyzed together to provide solutions.

It is high time to get out of personal quarrels.

Our mission is to develop football table and prepare the future for a new generation.

Nobody knows the truth. We need everyone and all countries.

For my part, I confirm my determination to work with the team with me for the union of nations, as in

We must now find the serenity and get to work. The FISTF can not be the case of one man or a few
countries. It is essential that we accept each other back at the table for discussion.

Must end table football «virtual» is based only on words. We need action and concrete actions on the
ground that implies a change of attitude in relations between countries and FISTF.

The FISTF is a federation created to unite the federations. Each country must find its own authority with
respect to its players. Players have rights but they also have duties towards their federation, their country
and their sport.

In January, I will propose guidelines and development ideas and I wait also your suggestions and
proposals.

The highlight we offer is truly a place of creation, it will not be virtual but human, concrete and hard
with your help.

I count on you and assure you of my total dedication to the coming together of the country.

See you in January.

While sporting.

Laurent GARNIER

Président de la FISTF

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Hum, Laurent is very confident.

What numbers of participants will give us the feeling such a meeting (without elections I guess) will bring a success? What if the numbers of participated countries is very low? What will be the pleaded reason...?

If I were in Laurent´s position, I would really ask for backing from the national associations as to assume it. Only than such a meeting makes sense. This is the second step doing before the first one.

Doesn´t he fear a lot of responsibilities of the national associations don´t accept him as president and simple ignore this date. Does he fear he lost all credibility? It wouldn´t be surprised if a lot of people cold-shoulder him.

Just a try, now: I am interested in to know with country/ association (except of France) will send a representive to Paris. Please reply Exclamation

Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:45 pm

The funny thing is that we are the time of internet/phones/skype,... and Laurent insists to have "real meetings" that take a lot of time and a lot of money. What came up of the meetings in Amsterdam, Bologna,... ? How much money was wasted by the Board int he last 22 months? Sorry but everything is out of logic...

Laurent says it's time to get sponsors, make something nice,... (like Capponi, Catania,... said) but if Laurent failed in the early 90's, what should be the way to succeed now? Apart from the fact he will "convince" the people who were not involved in the game 15 years ago, his work will have no issue. We'll just waste time & money. Nothing else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next