The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New section

+3
dromer
von K.
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New section Empty New section

Post  Admin Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 pm

As WASPA is a new project under construction, I believe it deserves a section on this forum. We'll see what the future will bring... Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

New section Empty Re: New section

Post  von K. Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am

Good. This could help developing ideas and find out what people who are unhappy with FISTF would expect from an initiative like this.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 am

Membership: individual
Sport or game: focus on the game, will be a lot more easy to promote that way. Btw Fistf is focusing on the sport side of the game so no need to do the same.
Clothing: NO restrictions apart from shoes depending on the hall.
Spirit: having fun playing a game.

When and where is the first tournement? Laughing

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:50 am

I agree Dromer. I was thinking there should be as clothing restriction to wear a collar jersey or t-shirt (doesn't care if it's football-related or sports-related).

As about the first tournament, there are already some ideas going on... Very Happy

I hope the forum will help to collect ideas.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:03 am

All independent tournaments could be used for it.
The Berlin Bären-Pokal is not a FISTF Tournament and could be the first one Wink
It will be played on May 21st/22nd with international players from England and Denmark, but with old rules Basketball
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 am

I think we should not mix the modern game" and the "old subbuteo", which are 2 very different movements.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Admin wrote:I think we should not mix the modern game" and the "old subbuteo", which are 2 very different movements.

I don't think it's a big problem if the game is kept the center. In Finland we play with 2 rules under the same association, no problems there.

In any case the WASPA rules would have to be specified in some way.

Dromer had good basic points to start from.

For activity somewhere in the future, I'd like to see a TF festival organised once a year. An event longer than a weekend, with a lot of games and other activity for everyone, would make it worthwhile even for the distant travellers. There could be multiple different tournaments, workshops etc. And even different varieties of rules could be present. It would be a perfect promotion tool also for the game as a whole (not the sport).

But first babysteps...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Actually, I must say the word "amateur" must be imporant n the philosophy of WASPA. A bi festival of 3-4 days every year should be a priority to give several titles (world champion, team champion,...) and it's a good base to start from.

I really think we must concentrate on keeping things as simple as possible, too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 am

To make things clear:
- this is not a new association. WASPA is a project for a possible new association.
- this is nothing against FISTF. This is a project because I think we need real values such as honesty, loyalty and fair-play back and FISTF has forgotten all that. Now it's all about personal interests, cheating at elections, betraying peole (even friends), manipulating associations to get votes,...
- one of the keys for WASPA is to put the game back as a priority. We are players, we like to play and we don't care to make it "professional".
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 am

Dear friends,

You have my symphaty but I can't agree with another international TF association.
You should return and fight for a better FISTF. It is not too late.

Kind Regards

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

Sorry but as long as people like Capponi, Koutromanos and De Francesco will always manage to manipulate elections, it will be a lost cause.

I can in no way support a movement lead by people who don't care about the real values of life such as honesty and fair-play.

I can in no way support a movement lead by people who think that they have more rights because they have more money and free time to travel whenever they want to meeting all around Europe.

Capponi's chantage has led to an unbelievable situation. I was ready to work again for FISTF (communication director or maybe another position) but after what he has done in Madrid, I can not support this guy.

But the real question is: how could anyone trust Piero Capponi?

We have managed to get rid of Silvio Catania. Now there are some more names on the list to scrap before FISTF comes back to an acceptable leadership.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 am

By the way, Italians (and the Mediterranean friends) were ready to leave FISTF if they didn't get what they wanted. Their blackmail was just something normal for them;

Now that other people have similar ideas (and I insist on the fact WASPA is just a project, not a reality), they think it's scandalous? What a joke!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:32 pm

@Luis
It is about time there is some kind of alternitive for Fistf. All that talk about sport and becoming professional took all the fun i used to have playing subbuteo away.

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

There are too many things in FISTF that many people don't want from their hobby. So why not have an alternative as a global movement (FISTF is in fact only Europe, and aims to remain that) for the good of the game, and to reach also those interested in other things they get from FISTF.

A professional federation needs to have an amateur alternative. Many players want to remain amateurs playing a game and not being an official sport, even if they still want to compete.

Why criticise people for creating something for their needs? Everyone is free to choose what they prefer.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 am

Admin wrote:I think we should not mix the modern game" and the "old subbuteo", which are 2 very different movements.

Why not?
Your want an alternative, so you should follow different paths. If FISTF will or can not be able to put the old style Subbuteo-player under one roof, so now they could find a place.
If you want to play a World Game Festival over three or four days, here could be enough place for "old subbuteo" as own category...
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 am

That's true. I mean if we want to have another world ranking, I don't see how tournaments played witht he modern rules and tournaments played with Old Subbuteo could be part of the same ranking...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 am

These are two pairs of shoes of course Smile
If someone play U15-category, he will not be in the ranking of the open-category.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Of course they can not be mixed. Although a "combined" style could be tested (1 period with each set of rules Very Happy ).

Events with a tournament for both rules would be interesting for the game in general, and at least those players who like to travel and meet people, would probably like it. More equal minded enthusiasts who love the basic game.

As a vision, I like the idea of a festival which also has introduction to all sorts of rules, which are not commonly used (like solo playing Iougs-style Shocked )

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:Dear friends,

You have my symphaty but I can't agree with another international TF association.
You should return and fight for a better FISTF. It is not too late.

Kind Regards

Dear Filipe
I want to agree with you. I watch the new effort because i am dissapointed by FISTF.
Yes, i want to make the same proposal with you. But i don't know the answer: how people can fight for better FISTF?
I fight for better table soccer in Greece, i spend my time, my money and after all these fights my profit is that i lost the fan of the game.
The season will end in few weeks. IF FISTF FAIL TO SOLVE THE GREEK PROBLEM WITH ITS WAY I WILL LOOK FOR OTHER SOLUTIONS.
MAYBE WASPA. MAYBE PLAYING TABLE SOCCER ONLY WITH MY FRIENDS IN OUR HALL.

CHEERS to all
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi, Kostas
I'm learning to become more patient each day.
Remember my last friendly advice. Idea

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 pm

I remember very well your advice,
I said that i will give the opportunity to fistf to solve the problem until the end of season.
But i cann't spending my time and money to looking for how we can solve the greek problem.
I did a last proposal last month but they ignore me one more time and they follow another way.
The result will prove who has right.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

WASPA seems really the only sensible possibility for the future.

Especially after seeing the raw version of the calendar (not taking into consideration many things, and not asking anything from the nations regarding the World Cup), and reading that it could be dangerous at the moment to participate in FISTF events (from SN, regarding the Malta tournament).

Luis, I'd like to know how your protests and your criticism has been affecting the work of FISTF. Have you had answers to your questions? I see so many unanswered questions in SN, the now official private/public site of who knows who. Can you really say, you have seen positive development overall? Your patience must have no limits.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Who cares? FISTF will soon have tournaments on Eurosport and a huge sponsorship from PIRELLI Very Happy We all know the rest doesn't count...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Admin wrote:Who cares? FISTF will soon have tournaments on Eurosport

No need for those damn sleeping pills anymore... Sleep

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:57 pm

von K. wrote:WASPA seems really the only sensible possibility for the future.

Especially after seeing the raw version of the calendar (not taking into consideration many things, and not asking anything from the nations regarding the World Cup), and reading that it could be dangerous at the moment to participate in FISTF events (from SN, regarding the Malta tournament).

Luis, I'd like to know how your protests and your criticism has been affecting the work of FISTF. Have you had answers to your questions? I see so many unanswered questions in SN, the now official private/public site of who knows who. Can you really say, you have seen positive development overall? Your patience must have no limits.

In fact, my patience has limits but I refuse quitting my fight for FISTF so soon, even I became "persona non grata" to the current FISTF Board, because all my questions and also because they didn't understand well the meaning of the word "fight" has to myself.
For now, I will wait the beggining of season 2011/12. Until then I believe my patience will last...

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum