The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This was supposed to be our list of priorities

2 posters

Go down

This was supposed to be our list of priorities Empty This was supposed to be our list of priorities

Post  Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 am

This is a short summary of what was supposed to be the priorities of the next Board. I had started writing ths text and I had feedback from Heinz, Janus, Thossa, Mike P. Thanks to all of them!
A program for FISTF
Action plan for 2011 to 2012

1. The importance of the Grand Prix
Considering the errors of the past, it is important to give the possibility to every country to have a Grand Prix. The role of the GPs has been underestimated over the last few years. For every nation, the possibility to host a GP had the following advantages:
- it gave a good reason for foreign players to travel (much more than an IO)
- it gave the possibility to have an important tournament of the FISTF Tour and to have medias interested (much more than any other tournament)
- it gave a possibility for local players to have more friendly relations with other nations
- for nations in America, Asia or Africa, it is a unique chance to feel part of the FISTF Tour and of FISTF in general.

To give a Grand Prix to every nation, it would be necessary to define some rules about “what organizers have to do” to have minimum standards of organization.

EXTRA argument: there is no fear to have to see the world ranking being overestimated because too many points are given for “small GPs”. If a GP is organized in Hong Kong (for instance) with 12 players, they will have much less points than a Gp with 64 players. It’s something important to remember.

EXTRA argument: The idea about the Grand Prix was as follows. First of all it comes of a discussion with Olivier. When we decided to give a GP only to nations that have the status of "member nations", we killed (not on purpose) tournaments such as the GPs in Denmark, Norway, the USA,...

These tournaments lost contact more and more with FISTF and many players who like to travel lost the motivation. Travelling to Odense or Washington was the only way for Danish or US players to meet good foreign players.

From that point we can say we didn't match the statutes of FISTF, which are to "encourage the friendly relations between players and countries".

Also, it's a good chance for people from Europe to say "OK, I go to play a GP in Asia or the USA and it will be a good reason to have some holidays there, to see something new and to contribute to the development of table football over there".

2. The voting system
Because in any democracy, it is important to give a chance to everyone to vote, it is necessary to have a more global vision on things. Every nation should have 1, 2 or 3 votes at the Congress or the General meetings or even for global decisions as according to the importance of nations.
- a nation with more than 100 players in the Open world rankings should have 3 votes
- a nation with more than 50 players in the Open world rankings should have 2 votes
- all other nations have 1 vote
The ranking of august is taken to decide the votes.

This system would stimulate nations to organize tournaments and even to include young players in tournaments such as Satellites, Challengers and Futures.

The other goal is to reach in 2 years the number of 1500 players in the world rankings and 2000 players within 5 years.

3. Communication
There must be priorities for the communication department:
- to have a newsletter;
- to have regular updates on the official website;
- to be able to answer requests from associations, clubs and individuals within a maximum delay of 48 hours.

People like Thossa Büsing and Thomas Vulpes can do a great job for the website.

4. Europa Cup & Europa League
One of the priorities of the sports department shall be to organize both events in the same place to have all teams together. Olivier Père prepared a program that was fair and attractive. This has to be followed!

5. Promotion and development
To have many players involved, I propose that till August 2012, we try to get a lot of players involved. All around the world, there are groups of players who just love the game and who have been disappointed by FISTF. A good way to get them involved again is to let the possibility to count as many tournaments as possible as “Futures” for the clubs and players who are not in countries with an “official” association. For instance there is no official association in Canada but if a group of players wants to organize a tournament (I hear about possible small events in Toronto and possibly in Vancouver), we should include them in the rankings to get more players involved so that they will try to reach the next step.

6. Satellites, Challengers and Futures
There are a few very small points I would like to propose:
- in Challengers, in the Open category, the top 150 players can not play (instead of the top 200);
- in Futures, in the Open category, the top 200 players can not play (instead of the top 300);
- there is no maximum number of Futures a country can organize (in the reality this will not change much)
- In Satellites, the organizer can ask the permission to the FISTF sports Director to give maximum 2 wild cards to players who fill the following 2 criterias:
o They have been at least once out of the top 100 in the last 12 months
o They are not in the top 75
- In Challengers, the organizer can ask the permission to the FISTF sports Director to give maximum 2 wild cards to players who fill the following 2 criterias:
o They have been at least once out of the top 150 in the last 12 months
o They are not in the top 125
- In Futures, the organizer can ask the permission to the FISTF sports Director to give maximum 2 wild cards to players who fill the following 2 criterias:
o They have been at least once out of the top 200 in the last 12 months
o They are not in the top 175

WARNING: this is a proposal that should be submitted to the members of the sports department.

7. Handbook
To publish a new handbook with all the small updates is a big priority for the new Board.

8. Disciplinary council
As Janus said the disciplinary council must work and must be a priority.

9. Material
We should re-write some rules about the homologation of material, for instance the maximum height of figures (!!!)

10. FISTF awards
The FISTF awards should be reinstalled.

11. Producers of material
FISTF should encourage the producers of material selling stuff in more countries. It must be a priority that producers mention at least the FISTF website on their boxes as a counterpart.

12. World Rankings in time ! Will Freddy continue to support ?

13. In the beginning we should re-install the daily work. I would agree on a commission for Sports to support the Sports director. Other commissions can be prepared within the next months. But that should not be first priority. We would overload the whole decision process.

14. Statutes
A commission together with a legal expert should re-work the statutes.

15. Council of Nations
In the current shape a disaster and should not be continued. We need clear processes and procedures first. Then we can bring the CoN back in place.

16. Taxes & yearly fee
I also had a different idea about the 100 Euros to pay per country. I think we should just stop asking 100 Euros per country but we could just ask an additional tax per tournament, for instance:
- 40 Euros per GP
- 25 Euros par Open
- 15 Euros for a Satellite, Challenger or Future

Bigger nations would therefore pay more than very small nations (in that case for instance Monaco would pay nothing to FISTF but they would have only 1 vote while Italy would have 3).
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

This was supposed to be our list of priorities Empty Re: This was supposed to be our list of priorities

Post  von K. Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

Vincent, 2 questions:

How was this "supposed" to be a list of priorities?

And what do you mean by "our"?

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

This was supposed to be our list of priorities Empty Re: This was supposed to be our list of priorities

Post  Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 am

I'm speaking about those who discussed ideas with me for months now (which of course includes those who sent feedback and that I mentionned).

"Our" also means the priorites of FISTF in general of course.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 am

Thanks for the clarification.

Admin wrote:I'm speaking about those who discussed ideas with me for months now (which of course includes those who sent feedback and that I mentionned).

In total 5 people with 4 countries represented. Did you send this to the italians, the spanish, the maltese and the greeks to get their feedback? How about other countries and persons?

Admin wrote:"Our" also means the priorites of FISTF in general of course.

As a follow up to my comment above: Does this really give a good view on the priorities and the opinions of the whole FISTF?

Who has decided that these are the general priorities of FISTF? The topics are there, but the opinions are subjective opinions of 5 people.

I don't say your priorities are wrong or right. I'm just not convinced that you should talk about these with those words. It seems a bit misleading.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:19 am

Well, considering the lack of dialogue with some people in particular, the totally different views of the previous Board "their main idea was "we have to be professional") and the view on the current situation where some things are going totally wrong, there are priorities that seem obvious not only to me but also to many people...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum