The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for candidates

+8
alex popoff
kechris
zinga
Heinz Eder
Thossa
Admin
Luis Filipe Horta
von K.
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions for candidates Empty Questions for candidates

Post  von K. Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 am

A topic like this was discussed already before Rain. So maybe it is time for it.

So, ask anything from the candidates, and hope they'll answer.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Questions for candidates Empty Re: Questions for candidates

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Could anyone post the full list of candidates ?
Then, we could put our questions to them.
Thank you.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Luis, I sent you an e-mail to your address @sapo.pt
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:52 pm

I am still curious, will the master of desaster candidate as president again...?
To me it is no wonder how secret everything is again - it is exactly what I have expected.

Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm

We hopefully will know it in time.
Anyway the austrian federation has a meeting on wednesday till then we hopefully have a list of all candidates for Madrid.
The only way for us to vote will be to send a letter with the signature of the president to any federation which we will ask to print the letter and take it to Madrid.
So nobody has to represent Austria in Madrid by voting in the name of Austria, I hope that will be accepted as postal vote.
The only interesting thing will be the election for president. If there are really 3 candidates or even more one of the candidates needs 2/3 of votes to win in the first round, but what happens, if there won't be a candidate with the needed number. A second round with the 2 best from the first round but what number will decide about the win? 2/3 or more than the 1/2?
How should associations vote who used postal vote for the first round?

about questions for the candidates I think it will only be interesting when knowing the program of the candidates who are willed to discuss here on the forum about their programs.

Heinz

Thossa wrote:I am still curious, will the master of desaster candidate as president again...?
To me it is no wonder how secret everything is again - it is exactly what I have expected.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Well, it looks like we have a minimum of three candidates for President, but who candidates for the jobs as Sports Director or Marketing Director?
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  zinga Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:The only way for us to vote will be to send a letter with the signature of the president to any federation which we will ask to print the letter and take it to Madrid.
So nobody has to represent Austria in Madrid by voting in the name of Austria, I hope that will be accepted as postal vote.
That is how I was planning to do the voting (of Finland).

Heinz Eder wrote:The only interesting thing will be the election for president. If there are really 3 candidates or even more one of the candidates needs 2/3 of votes to win in the first round, but what happens, if there won't be a candidate with the needed number. A second round with the 2 best from the first round but what number will decide about the win? 2/3 or more than the 1/2?
I was planning to include two letters for the president election. Both letters include the same candidate. The first letter is for the first round. In the case of the second round, the second letter is used. If our candidate is not one of the two candidates in the second round, then our vote counts as a blank vote.
zinga
zinga
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Good idea, I will make the same proposal to the austrian board on wednesday.

thx
Heinz

zinga wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:The only way for us to vote will be to send a letter with the signature of the president to any federation which we will ask to print the letter and take it to Madrid.

Heinz Eder wrote:The only interesting thing will be the election for president. If there are really 3 candidates or even more one of the candidates needs 2/3 of votes to win in the first round, but what happens, if there won't be a candidate with the needed number. A second round with the 2 best from the first round but what number will decide about the win? 2/3 or more than the 1/2?
I was planning to include two letters for the president election. Both letters include the same candidate. The first letter is for the first round. In the case of the second round, the second letter is used. If our candidate is not one of the two candidates in the second round, then our vote counts as a blank vote.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:05 pm

one question for the next candidate presidents:

What is better for you?
one or more international tournament per weekend?
two or more tournament per member nations every year?
one or more tournament for the rest nations?
Veterans to play in both categories (open and veteran) or no.
Europa cups for teams in February or October?
Two europa cups in the same place or in different places?
What is more important for qualification in Europa cups and World cups? OR THE SAME IMPORTANT?

simple questions and i want simple and small answers
Thanks
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:23 pm

kechris wrote:one question for the next candidate presidents:

What is better for you?
What is more important for qualification in Europa cups and World cups? OR THE SAME IMPORTANT?

simple questions and i want simple and small answers
Thanks

If I were a candidate for FISTF president I would say clearly, all these questions are matters for the sports department Wink
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:26 pm

What is better for you?
More than one is possible. I don't see how and OPEN in Finland can be a probelm if there is already and OPEN in PORTUGAL or/and in ARGENTINA.
I thinkt he current system (one GP, 2 Opens) is great and fair.
We should learn from our mistakes and not separate member & partner nations anymore.
In theory I say no but in reality I say it's impossible to separate both. Imagine you are a veteran from Greece and you travel to the GP of Finland and there are only 3 veterans. I'm sure you would be happy to also be allowed to play in Open category.
Doesn't matter. It's not an important questions. October/november is the period because of the tradition and I think it's good because there are usually some very big events from January till May.
Same place because it's better to say we put a fix number for the main event (for instance 24) and if there is a last-minute drop-out, we pick up a team from the small event.
Both the world rankings and the national criterias are important.

Conclusion: it's a personal point of view. We need experienced people in the sports department to decide it. Only one person can not decide such important issues.

I also keep in mind that when you have a system in place, you shouldn't change it if it doesn't bring a major improvement. Minr changes should'nt happen if they don't bring big improvements.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alex popoff Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:Good idea, I will make the same proposal to the austrian board on wednesday.

thx
Heinz

zinga wrote:

We must avoid to vote by letters ! until the time we know the candidates and the day we send the letters, we are not sure that they will arrive in time (Friday) !
Depending the country the letters will not arrive in two days !
We must absolutely have the possibility to vote by mail ! The names of candidates or others propositions should be put on the FISTF first page (even at the last moment) or sent by mail to the countries, and then we can respond (vote) by mail !
alex popoff
alex popoff
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Not a question but a wish

I hope that the next Bod will not only focus on the 'sport' but also on the 'game'. The last few years i only hear those who talk about sport and becoming professional.
Even if you play as if it is a sport one should realise that for most people (certainly those who don't know the game) subbuteo is a game (it looks a cheap toy). And therefore it would be a lot more easy promote TF as a game instead of sport.

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Thossa wrote:
If I were a candidate for FISTF president I would say clearly, all these questions are matters for the sports department Wink

No Thossa. By these questions I can create a profil in my mind for how the candidates want the future of game.

Thanks Vincent for your answers. But you dissapointed me in second question. You forgot Majors and 3 sattellites. Why?

Because all BoD decide for the future i want to inform all candidates opinion, no only sport department.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks Vincent for your answers. But you dissapointed me in second question. You forgot Majors and 3 sattellites. Why?
Rules are already existing: when there is a Major, there can not be another tournament on the same continent. Satellites, Challengers and Futures are for "weaker" players and it's not a problem if there are several tournaments like this in the same week-end around the world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

zinga wrote:I was planning to include two letters for the president election. Both letters include the same candidate. The first letter is for the first round. In the case of the second round, the second letter is used. If our candidate is not one of the two candidates in the second round, then our vote counts as a blank vote.

It would probably be best to send different letters for different 2nd round scenarios. With 3 candidates it's 3 letters for the possible 2nd round. The vote in the letter with the correct 2nd round pair written on top will be used.

Otherwise there will be many blanks in the 2nd round and democracy is not reached.

It should be possible for a none-participating nation to rank the candidates and that order would apply for all rounds.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm

About me and reasons for my candidacy

My name is Vesa Kouvonkorpi, and in forums you know me as ”von K.”. I was born in 1976 and have played Subbuteo for 25 years. Much of this time has been with the finnish rules, because being an isolated country behind a sea we didn't have much influence from abroad until the growth of internet in the last decade.

Finland is isolated and a small player in the FISTF. We are not part of any block, and I have no interest to become part of any block. Finland is known for acting as independent intermediators also in other areas of life.

I personally try to be equally critical towards all, based only on arguments and facts, not persons or nationalities. For me it is also very easy to be critical, as I'm a relative outsider and don't face everyone so often. This helps in being equal.

This is why I feel that as a President I can act fairly as an intermediator between different blocks and opinions. And in my opinion it is one of the most important tasks of the President at this delicate moment.

I can communicate in finnish, swedish, english, italian, german. So following different forums and being in contact with people in their own languages is not a problem in most cases.

I appreciate, among other things, honesty, fairness, open minds, understanding of different views, objectivity, logic, argumentated opinions and the ability to stand corrected.

Whether or not I will be chosen as the President makes no difference to me. I only want to see a different atmosphere and a working FISTF. The persons involved are irrelevant if they work according to those attributes mentioned above. The persons must understand that they can't make decisions for their benefit and if a decision is affecting their country or themselves, they should disqualify themselves from the process. To underline this I take no part in choosing who Finland will vote for President.

I would also be happy to be the President of an interim Board to steady the ship. I have 2 small boys and live in a distant country. This is why I see myself as a President who keeps things in control and that is why I can not take any other position. Most contact will inevitably also be done without physical presence.

Below there are some important subjects and information about how I would start to solve the problems of FISTF at the moment.

Unity

We need to find a new way of understanding and thinking to achieve unity and avoid all the negativity.

The way to achieve this is using commissions, expert panels and good leadership in those.

Giving more people from more nations the chance to be part of the processes and decisions of FISTF will take tension away, because the decision will not be concentrated on one person.

Apart from the sports, communications, marketing etc. this requires commissions, panels or work groups including diverse opinions and people should be created for several groups to give their ideas and needs to FISTF with more weight than isolated comments. Examples of such groups could be the non-European countries, professionally orientated top players, FISTF statutes and overall FISTF development. These are just examples, the possibilities on the other hand are endless.

The challenge is to get people involved. This is possible to overcome because working in a group doesn't require too much time. Many people are in some way interested in having influence and helping their hobby, but they don't have the time to be on a Board. I have many names from many countries, that I would like to ask to be part of these groups and this work. These commissions have to have people with diverse opinions. The only relevant criteria is to be able to respect others opinions and discuss in a civil manner.

As a President I will do all I can to keep the Board and commissions focused on the subjects, forgetting countries and persons. I will provide simple rules defining how to discuss without stepping over the line. And I will be very strict about people following those rules.

My aim is to be a President for the FISTF world not for myself or for Finland. I only want FISTF to make decisions that are based on argumentated facts that have been thought through properly. To avoid unnecessary tension I will personally check this by making critical questions that decisions are well prepared before being put into the open.

Everyday work

The least FISTF has to give to the Table Football community is basic information about sports matters and other decisions and development. This has to be resumed as soon as possible.

With good Board members this will be done quickly. And I want to see all directors willing to have helping hands in their work.

Decision-making

The FISTF also needs a clear structure for making decisions. All parts of the decision-making chain have to get tasks that are taking time and effort according to what is decided before. As an example a Council with people having limited time on their hands, has to get material and tasks which are according to that time limitation.

Decision-making procedures' importance has already been mentioned above and before. For reaching the best solutions for some issues I wish to see the groups brainstorming with an easy method, finding the best answer to one question at a time, starting from the basic questions and moving down to the details from there. I have explained this more specifically in the international forum, and will show how it works to groups that need it. This method can bring surprising results, but is far better for reaching logical solutions. We need to have a clear view on what we are after, when deciding on things, and this helps in that. It is used for example in business and advertising world, and is good for anything that requires fresh thinking and fresh solutions.

Other subjects

I see many many areas that need checking, discussion and development that it is not possible to list them all here. They range from the statutes, which are a priority, to various sports matters including the calendar, the ranking system, rules and equipment all the way to marketing issues. These are just examples.

I can say I would like to see numerous changes, but my personal opinions doesn't count. What counts is the result of thinking those things through in groups and finding out what is the best solution for the benefit of the whole game.

Fair play

This is a very important subject in my opinion and has to be developed in the game. Without this, we will see in the future even more fights and quarrels in tournaments, and it seems to affect already even the U-15 category. I find lack of fair play as one of the biggest negative aspects of any sport or game, especially regarding the sport's or game's significance in raising children. A system for rewarding fair play should be developed, but it would require a lot of work to create a working system.

As the final words I let you know that it's irrelevant if I get chosen as long as things will be done well in the future. I will in any case be available for commissions etc if needed.

Sincerely,
Vesa Kouvonkorpi
Finland

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 am

Dear all,

I would like to say a few words about my candidacy, so that you know what motivated me to be a candidate for the post of the General Secretary of FISTF BoD and what I think I can offer to World Table Football community.

Personal

First, let me introduce myself. I am 45, father of two children (boy 15, girl 10). I studied Physics and Computer Science and I now work as a Business Analyst for the IT Division of a Bank. I speak Greek and English. Apart from Table Football, which is almost a passion for me, my other hobbies are tennis, scale modelling and miniature wargaming.

I have been playing table football since 1978, which is almost 33 years!! It was Subbuteo back in those years, but it's all the same for me now we call it Table Football!! I was involved in Greek Table Football Associations since the early years of Waddington, as a head referee first and later as a member of BoD.

Being a Computer Programmer, it is natural that I have a passion with correct statements. What I find unacceptable in FISTF is that there are TOO MANY vague statements. FISTF statutes need a serious rework, in order to be clear and complete. FISTF playing rules also need a thorough review and rephrasing. FISTF BoD also, has a need for consistent record keeping and transparent and clear communication of its decisions. And above all, for a well-balanced attitude towards Nations all over the world.

My Goals and Plan

My plan is to work for all the tasks I mentioned above:

1. The re-writing of FISTF Statutes
To achieve this goal, I will work closely with the other BoD members, so that we together can create a solid and democratic foundation for the future development of FISTF as a Legal Entity. With the help of friend lawyers who offer their knowledge and time, we will be able to create a modern set of Statutes which will leave no space for breaches and exploitation like the ones we saw during last year.

2. The reviewing and rephrasing of FISTF Rules Book
What I have in mind is to create a Committee which will undertake the difficult task of reviewing FISTF rules. We need to create and "sell" a more attractive set of rules to table football lovers all over the world. We need to make our game more interesting and a great fun as an alternative to real football. By rephrasing our rules to make them more concrete and clear and by carefully changing some of them, the game can have a new momentum. The rules Committee will use the very popular in other games, such as wargaming, method of "playtesting". Groups of players will test each and every rule while playing and will try to reenact every possible difficult situation, so that rules will provide for such situations. "Playtesting" will also help with introducing some changes in rules without putting the risk of endorsing wrong rules. Last but not least, I would like to help creating a new version of the Rule Book with plenty of pictures and diagrams in it. A self-explanatory text, with the help of impressive photographs which will instantly catch the eye of the reader and especially of young enthousiasts. For this task I intend to co-operate closely with the new Marketing Director.

3. The creation of a FISTF BoD records book
FISTF BoD must have a record containing all Minutes of Meetings, Decisions, Recommendations and Acts of the BoD. Issuing personal Circulars is not enough to be professional. We need to be well documented. With the help of other BoD members I hope we will manage to achieve this goal in a very short time.

4. The establishment of a good relationship with all FISTF Nations
It has always been a problem for FISTF, to cope with different needs of FISTF nations. "Big" nations, "small" nations, European nations, World Nations, they all need something. I will try to balance these differencies by communicating correctly to Nations' representatives the targers of FISTF BoD. I have in mind to re-create the Council of Nations, as a consultative body to the BoD. My goal is to extend the number of countries affiliated to FISTF, either as Member or as Partner Nations.

I hope I was clear enough with my management goals. Last, I want to refer to a matter that I think is the most important of all. This matter is Fairness. I have always tried to be fair and to make our small community of Table Football a fair place to be.

I have struggled strongly and with personal cost against people who tried (and still do) to destroy our dream for a happy and fair Table Footbal Society. I did that both in my Country and in FISTF. I hope National Associations can tell the difference between sincere and ill-motivated people and that they will reward those who work for the common good.

I would like to thank you all for reading this. I hope next Monday will be a New Day for FISTF.

George Drazinakis

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Tomorow i will ask the represantives of Greek clubs their opinion for elections and candidates.
I promised in past that i will asking them everytime, for all the greek and international problems.
I believe in democracy and i will not change my philosophy now.

So before few days i have a dialogue with more of club represantives and ALL of them ask me if the candidates of new BoD will respect the decisions until now.
They (and me) wanted to know if the candidates WANT to cancell the Greek Major, E.C 2011, W.C 2012.

It is very important for me to give them an answer so please i want a clear answer by all candidates TODAY.

In Greece we had many problems in past because more times the leaders took decisions thinking their "personal profit" but no the greek profit. I want a proud future for the Greek table soccer without "games" under the table.

Good luck to all candidates who really care for the game.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am

kechris wrote:
I believe in democracy and i will not change my philosophy now.

I also believe in democracy. I also believe in open honesty, and I don't tell people what they want to hear. I tell them the truth.

So I answer also this fairly. Even if I know it most possibly harms my image in some eyes.

kechris wrote:So before few days i have a dialogue with more of club represantives and ALL of them ask me if the candidates of new BoD will respect the decisions until now.
They (and me) wanted to know if the candidates WANT to cancell the Greek Major, E.C 2011, W.C 2012.

As you and most others know, my view is clear. I don't WANT to cancel tournaments, but I have to review decisions that have been reported to be against the rules or voted against the rules, or if a vote has been cast by a person who has a clear conflict of interest.

If these reports are true, I HAVE to cancel those competitions. There is no alternative and you know that as well. Rules are to be respected. The opinion is the same no matter which country is in question.

If those competitions will be cancelled, I will organise new application process for those competitions, and Hellas is welcome to make a new bid to host those competitions.

I believe Hellas should have a big competition in the near future, but I can't decide it by myself. I also wish the greek players enjoy more a competition that has been given to Hellas according to the rules and in a fair process.

kechris wrote:In Greece we had many problems in past because more times the leaders took decisions thinking their "personal profit" but no the greek profit.

The same way we can see in FISTF that a couple of leaders seem to have taken decisions for their nation's or personal profit, but not for the profit of FISTF and all it's members.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  pauleyes Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 am

First of all, good luck to all the candidates. It takes courage and conviction to stand for such positions, especially as you are all in a volunteer capacity.

My main reason for writing though is to take great exception to Kechris who is choosing this moment to publicly demand on behalf of Greece the position of candidates on tournaments/issues in Greece. As a complete outsider to the " Greek problem" but as a great lover of table soccer I want to say that I am personally sick to death of the words Greece and table soccer being used in the same sentence. Let me be very clear, The Greek problem and fighting played a very pivotal role in the disarray that developed with FISTF over the last 2 years. With that in mind, to then at yet another pivotal moment to try to use Greek issues in public to cajole or manipulate candidates is at best distasteful. It is disrespectful to table soccer players worldwide to be thinking of only Greek needs at such a time, especially with the recent history. Take a long hard look at yourself and consider the damage that you have caused. Show respect and consideration for others. Frankly, be grateful that you are even tolerated, because the last 2 years have been a disgrace. Show some dignity, some grace. You have absolutely no right to place a single demand or request in my view.

Greece is a beautiful country with many wonderful people, I have nothing against the country of Greece.

Once again, good luck to all the candidates, you are going to need it.

Paul Eyes
President, American Subbuteo Association

pauleyes
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

Back to top Go down

Post  panagios Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:58 am

I also find Kostas question out of context and grotesque, BUT being Greek myself I have to ask you to rephrase your post. Who is anyboby to "tolerate" any other based on his nationality? are you a racist or didn't you understand that (a) the Greek problem was a problem of very few people and (b) it was inflated because few European diplomats did not have the cojones to take the right decision at the right time?

Although Kostas may be indeed a big mouth sometimes, he was one of those who went against those who abused the law, therefore, you should be a little more respectful.

thank you in advance

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:38 am

panagios wrote:I also find Kostas question out of context and grotesque, BUT being Greek myself I have to ask you to rephrase your post. Who is anyboby to "tolerate" any other based on his nationality? are you a racist or didn't you understand that (a) the Greek problem was a problem of very few people and (b) it was inflated because few European diplomats did not have the cojones to take the right decision at the right time?

Although Kostas may be indeed a big mouth sometimes, he was one of those who went against those who abused the law, therefore, you should be a little more respectful.

thank you in advance

100% correct!!

As everybody knows now, it was not a "Greek" problem, it was a problem created by certain individuals who happened to start their "glorious" career from Greece, while in the meantime some other individuals from other countries got involved and lead the disastrous campaign which ended up in the pitiful situation we have now. Are you also going to blame the Maltesers for the way things went??

I feel sorry for what has happened, but when for the last 3 years I, together with Kechris, was trying to warn FISTF about what was coming your way, we were ignored and isolated. So, with all due respect Paul, please show some understanding for Greek players, who were the first to be abused in this long-lasting disgrace.

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  pauleyes Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:33 pm

I am not a racist, thank you Panagios. To have Kechris demanding:"It is very important for me to give them an answer so please i want a clear answer by all candidates TODAY."about Greek issues from the Presidential candidates is very disrespectful to other table soccer nations after all the Greek problems. I repeat, in my view, Greece has no right to expect any assurances from anyone. If politics is going to be played by Greece at least have the grace to do this using PM etc. Do not drag all of the table soccer community through Greek needs and demands. There are many many people who have had enough.

pauleyes
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

Back to top Go down

Post  panagios Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:27 pm

As I already said, I do not agree with Kechris' style or question. For this much you have my acceptance.
The rest you write is generalizations of the worst kind and I stick by what I said. It is either a comment not well articulated or a plain racist one. The "Greek issue" is being solved internally as we speak. It was not a matter of petty politics but a fight against an attack towards democratic procedures. I hope it is not so hard to understand that this matter should not be viewed lightly because if you think the reason for the problem is unimportant it will eventually come knocking at your own door.

Thank you for your interest

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum