The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europa League 2010 in Rome

+8
Admin
indostar
Antonello Rodriquez
djspider8
Janus_Gersie
von K.
kechris
Thossa
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Europa League 2010 in Rome - Page 3 Empty Re: Europa League 2010 in Rome

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Vincent, you did a perfect analysis, but is exactly the same as that of De Francesco, but from the other side of the problem.

In pratica: Who cares about creating a national league if you qualify equally to both the Champions League?

Cup could be a new stimulus to create more teams and leagues with little tradition?

There are two ways, or hope that enough major leagues to create a second Cup (Vincent idea) or create a second Cup to see if this helps to create more teams (idea De Francesco).

The result should be the same, a more balanced competition. Because many do not go to the Champions League too for fear of ridicule or lack of real options

equipment "means" (careful with the term "losers") in the Champions League have no chance, at Euro can play hard.

Maybe we started too soon? It is possible but had to start it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Personally I really don't have a problem, but unfortunately it is the association who nominates teams and not FISTF. FISTF only nominates those teams qualified over the WR.
The greek association have to authorize Olympia to play the Champions League, not FISTF.
The whole system sucks in my opinion. It is not possible to organize 2 simular events on 2 different locations. If you want to have 2 events, it is ok for me, but you need to play it, like Kostas said, in the same venue. In case of last minute drop outs, teams from the Europa League can change to Champions League. Having 2 events in 2 different locations makes it impossible to replace teams who dropped out, because the next ranked teams are already booked for the Europa League. In the end, if there should be a sub, it would be the fifth or sixth ranked team, which could play the champions league and the 3rd and 4th have to play the Europa League.
For teams from smaller countries this Champions League is much more unattractive than the old system, because of the low number, there are only the real good teams there. In the old system with 24 there were more "weaker" teams and it was also interesting for teams from small countries to play for the place 17-24. now a small country has 1 place in the champions league, normally to my understanding they MUST play the champions league, even if they would prefer it to play the Europa League.
So in the end there are 2 possibilities. Clubs can choose what they want to play, which would really be a desaster or the clubs from smaller countries never will play the Champions League, because they don't see any chance to win only 1 game.
Another possible system for those who would like to see 2 competitions could be to play the group stage all together and then split the competition to Europa League and Champions League.
For an example, in case of 24 teams:
4 groups of 6
1-4 of each group play the Champions League and continue with 4 groups of 4
5-6 of each group play the Europa League and continue in 2 groups of 4

with that system it maybe even wouldn't be necessary to play games for all places because every team would have at least 8 games. If a team wouldn't manage the quarterfinal in this edition it would have 9 games on the whole week-end. The advantage would be that you play longer in group stages and the "boring" games for the place 5-8, 9-12 and so on, which are not interesting for most teams, wouldn't take that much time. If you are out in the first knock-out stage you play the rest of the day, only for unimportant places, that the disadvantage of the old system in my opinion.

von K. wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:
Have a look on the system of 18 and 17, then you will see that you have a big problem, if you planned with 18 and now you have only 17.

Olympia would probably be ready to step in as a substitute. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be given the place.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:41 pm

one small adding.
if the majority prefers 2 events on 2 different locations, the only possibility is to choose a different week-end. Otherwise I think both events won't have a chance in the future.

Heinz Eder wrote:Personally I really don't have a problem, but unfortunately it is the association who nominates teams and not FISTF. FISTF only nominates those teams qualified over the WR.
The greek association have to authorize Olympia to play the Champions League, not FISTF.
The whole system sucks in my opinion. It is not possible to organize 2 simular events on 2 different locations. If you want to have 2 events, it is ok for me, but you need to play it, like Kostas said, in the same venue. In case of last minute drop outs, teams from the Europa League can change to Champions League. Having 2 events in 2 different locations makes it impossible to replace teams who dropped out, because the next ranked teams are already booked for the Europa League. In the end, if there should be a sub, it would be the fifth or sixth ranked team, which could play the champions league and the 3rd and 4th have to play the Europa League.
For teams from smaller countries this Champions League is much more unattractive than the old system, because of the low number, there are only the real good teams there. In the old system with 24 there were more "weaker" teams and it was also interesting for teams from small countries to play for the place 17-24. now a small country has 1 place in the champions league, normally to my understanding they MUST play the champions league, even if they would prefer it to play the Europa League.
So in the end there are 2 possibilities. Clubs can choose what they want to play, which would really be a desaster or the clubs from smaller countries never will play the Champions League, because they don't see any chance to win only 1 game.
Another possible system for those who would like to see 2 competitions could be to play the group stage all together and then split the competition to Europa League and Champions League.
For an example, in case of 24 teams:
4 groups of 6
1-4 of each group play the Champions League and continue with 4 groups of 4
5-6 of each group play the Europa League and continue in 2 groups of 4

with that system it maybe even wouldn't be necessary to play games for all places because every team would have at least 8 games. If a team wouldn't manage the quarterfinal in this edition it would have 9 games on the whole week-end. The advantage would be that you play longer in group stages and the "boring" games for the place 5-8, 9-12 and so on, which are not interesting for most teams, wouldn't take that much time. If you are out in the first knock-out stage you play the rest of the day, only for unimportant places, that the disadvantage of the old system in my opinion.

von K. wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:
Have a look on the system of 18 and 17, then you will see that you have a big problem, if you planned with 18 and now you have only 17.

Olympia would probably be ready to step in as a substitute. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be given the place.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  stamy Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:
unfortunately it is the association who nominates teams and not FISTF. FISTF only nominates those teams qualified over the WR.

Unfortunately for us OLYMPIA ....

von K. wrote:

Dear von K. we also didn't see a reason why we shouldn't be given the place. However, certain persons in FISTF and greek association still insist not give us this place. They BOTH, actually, see a reason that we have to pay money to greek association in order to be able to play...

stamy
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Back to top Go down

Post  stamy Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Antonello Rodriquez wrote:It's very difficult for me to answer to a nickname without knowing who's behind it, anyway, i give my opinion.

I apology for not being introduced myself. I am Kostas Stamokostas OLYMPIA's player AND PATFAP member (!!!). Actually, a lot of people here know who I am behind this nickname. This is why I didn't mention my name.

Antonello Rodriquez wrote:
I think that if a Club has the requirments to participate in an international competition, this Club should make all that he can to be in it.

Sorry, but this answer is too general and doesn't make any sense, for me at least. for example, what my club should make to be in Champion's League? say yes to something we disagree and losing our dignity?

I have nothingh more to say without having any other news about the problem of Olimpya.
I think you could decide to participate to Europa League and you would be welcome!

Dear Antonello, I remind to you that in competions like EL or CH clubs can't decide themselves to participate.. It is national association to nominate teams. So, we couldn't as OLYMPIA decide to participate to EL...

To the 3 questions i can give just one answer "It's not organizer's job to verify this, it's FISTF sport director's job!", that's all.

FISTF sports director is aware of that membership rule? and how he can check players membership status without being in the event? If membership status is not be checked, so what is the meaning of this rule which prevents my team to entry in FISTF events?????????

To boycott an event, and then say that is "ridiculous", this is really sad.

I am sorry I didn't understand maybe... You think, we, OLYMPIA boycott the event???? Of course you have understand from the previous that we are not allowed to play from both FISTF and PATFAP..

Anyway, i really hope that Europa League will be a success!

Anyway, of course we wish sucess in EL and in CL. Although it is total unfailr and illegal that our team will not participate, it is also unfair for us to wish their failure. and WE, OLYMPIA, are not unfair persons...

stamy
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:21 pm

von K. wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:

If FISTF GIVE A WILD CARD TO OLYMPIA WE CAN CHECK THE PRICES OF TICKETS AND WHO PLAYERS INTEREST TO TRAVEL THE LAST TIME AND TO GIVE AN ANSWER IN 24 HOURS.
BECAUSE I KNOW VERY WELL MY TEAMMATES AND THEY LOVE PLAY TABLE SOCCER IN ABROAD IN GREAT TOURNAMENTS AND THEY CAN SPEND ABOUT 300-400e MAXIMUM.
SO IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THIS TIME (90%) TO PLAY IN WIENNA IF WE TOOK WILD CARD.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:34 pm

stamy wrote:
von K. wrote:

Dear von K. we also didn't see a reason why we shouldn't be given the place. However, certain persons in FISTF and greek association still insist not give us this place. They BOTH, actually, see a reason that we have to pay money to greek association in order to be able to play...

I have read some parts of the PATFAP rules, and they give no reason to exclude you, even if someone wanted.

Therefore, in my opinion, FISTF should give you a "wildcard".

And FISTF is a world federation. Not just certain individuals.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonello Rodriquez Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Site updated.

Breaking news 05

The organizing committee welcomes and thanks for the support provided by Total Soccer in the person of Piero Capponi.
Total Soccer is the innovative product for the diffusion of table football in Europe and wants to be one of the promoters of this new enterprise called Europa League.

http://www.fistf-europa-league-roma-2010.com/english/index_eng.html

Antonello Rodriquez

Antonello Rodriquez
Antonello Rodriquez
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Good decision for both sides.
Total soccer is the best hope for table soccer.
Because total soccer is the best present for a kid who loves soccer and his father hate the electronic games.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonello Rodriquez Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Antonello Rodriquez
Antonello Rodriquez
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Good job, Antonello Exclamation
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Corydoras seracin Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Had a great time in Rome last weekend..... Congrats. to the winners & a Well Done to the organizers. Very Happy

Corydoras seracin
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3