The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-WASPA?

5 posters

Go down

Anti-WASPA? Empty Anti-WASPA?

Post  Admin Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

I recently posted a message on the italian forum to say I love a team that was put on picture (it was a picture of a fantastic "Vancouvers Whitecaps", NASL champion in 1980) and my message was very short ("magic!"). Probably because there is a link tot he WASPA blog in my signature, my post was deleted. I'm really fed up by the attitude of some people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Anti-WASPA? Empty Re: Anti-WASPA?

Post  Lorenzo Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:04 am

You are just scratching the tip of an iceberg, my friend.

Last edited by Lorenzo on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:02 am

What do you mean?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:20 pm

It is an ugly story of thievery internal to the Italian federation. I prefer not to talk about it.

Suffice it to say, I was recently confronted with the evidence that subbuteoforum.it is no longer a free, independent space of discussion. It was purchased by the FISCT leadership, which is censoring it in flagrant disregard of written rules, and in the pursuit of questionable goals.

I have not changed my overall perspective. I still support the idea of turning tablesoccer into a sport. I still regard so many arguments as a futile war of the buttons etc.

But I can no longer accept that subbuteoforum.it and subbuteonews (forming the bulk of our communication network) are both controlled by people who feel free to censor threads – even on topics of immense sensitiveness – and ban people beyond and against the statutes. I naively believed the bans on SN to be an inappropriate response to the hullabaloo that followed the elections. On the contrary, they seem to be a method of governement.

For these reasons I cancelled my accounts both on subbuteoforum.it and subbuteonews.com and I withdrew from the current Board – where I was doing nothing useful anyway – after explaining Piero the reasons for my decision.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 pm

The censorship is just the logical "next step" after all the unfair (I use this word to remain polite) happenings in Rotterdam, Frankfurt & Madrid.

A world without the voices of Von K, vincentcop, Lorenzo, Zinga,... is what they want and they managed to have...

"We get the leaders the community deserves"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Lorenzo wrote:It is an ugly story of thievery internal to the Italian federation. I prefer not to talk about it.

Suffice it to say, I was recently confronted with the evidence that subbuteoforum.it is no longer a free, independent space of discussion. It was purchased by the FISCT leadership, which is censoring it in flagrant disregard of written rules, and in the pursuit of questionable goals.

It's quite surprising that this comes as a surprise to you, my friend (in the button world Smile ). When I was active in the italian forum, a few people contacted me in private to voice their disapproval on things that have now become evident through this manouvre. I have also received further information about the situation in Italy (not the latest one), and I can only say some things are really sad.

I always thought it was sad that the biggest and most important TF country has the level of communication where people are frightened to speak out and have to in private give their support to a finn who is "just causing trouble" (as some people have written).

Lorenzo wrote:I have not changed my overall perspective. I still support the idea of turning tablesoccer into a sport. I still regard so many arguments as a futile war of the buttons etc.

Ah, but you surely must now see the connection and the reason for many of those futile arguments.

It's also quite evident that if more people would take some things seriously, and not regard them as war of buttons, these things would not happen...

Turning TF into sport is a discussion to have after there is possibility to discuss and do credible unified constructive work.

Lorenzo wrote:I naively believed the bans on SN to be an inappropriate response to the hullabaloo that followed the elections. On the contrary, they seem to be a method of governement.

Again a point where open eyes, and less prejudice, would have been needed earlier. For some this was clear from the start, and was underlined by important persons self-deleted accounts. It was hardly a surprise now, after you heard even a person like Janus deleting his account.

The "elections" where only a natural conclusion that many of us wanted to avoid, for obvious reasons. This method of government was to be expected, and this is why I was so furious with the fixed elections, in an EGM from where decent minutes still lack and questions about voting fraud (regarding nations voting rights, not me) remain unanswered for eternity.

Lorenzo wrote:For these reasons I cancelled my accounts both on subbuteoforum.it and subbuteonews.com and I withdrew from the current Board – where I was doing nothing useful anyway – after explaining Piero the reasons for my decision.

Hats off!

I must conclude by saying that I'm not attacking you. I respect your decision a lot. I just remember all those button wars where you also wrote certain things, when for example I wrote about these problems you only now realized. I hate to tell you, but we told you so.

I hope you are enjoying your game still! The essence is there whatever happens.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:24 pm

I just came back from vacations in lovely Brittany, feel still relaxed but have to read this thread !

It is almost all said by Vincent and vonK. I just would like to add one thing:

Some weeks ago I asked Piero for minutes of Palermo. After a reminder he answered as follows: "...For what it refers to Palermo we have not prepared a summary simply because it is an unofficial and just meetin proposals ..."

Again a clear attempt against transparency and clear communication. Why not sharing discussions results with the rest of the TF world ?

Janus
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tilgner Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Janus_Gersie wrote:
It is almost all said by Vincent and vonK. I just would like to add one thing:

Some weeks ago I asked Piero for minutes of Palermo. After a reminder he answered as follows: "...For what it refers to Palermo we have not prepared a summary simply because it is an unofficial and just meetin proposals ..."

Again a clear attempt against transparency and clear communication. Why not sharing discussions results with the rest of the TF world ?

Janus

During my annual attempt to clean up my desktop I found my notes I took during the meeting in Palermo. Please DON'T tell me that I have to translate them into English and publish them here instead of the official minutes... Rolling Eyes

Marcus Tilgner
Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:45 pm

If there is nothing official, it means at least the world cup will continue to be played every year, FISTF has no point of view about WASPA, there are no changes in tournaments fees, age categories will in no case change,...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 pm

By the way, Capponi is still alive?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 am

von K. wrote:It's quite surprising that this comes as a surprise to you, my friend

Too many generalisations, Vesa old pal Exclamation
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tilgner Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 am

Lorenzo wrote:
von K. wrote:It's quite surprising that this comes as a surprise to you, my friend

Too many generalisations, Vesa old pal Exclamation

Question
Marcus Tilgner
Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down