The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bird told me...

5 posters

Go down

A little bird told me... Empty A little bird told me...

Post  Subbuteo Fri May 27, 2011 11:16 pm

...that Hasbro is selling Subbuteo trademark to Netcam S.L., the Total Soccer producer, and FISTF will add Subbuteo to his name...

Subbuteo
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

Back to top Go down

A little bird told me... Empty Re: A little bird told me...

Post  kechris Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 am

Ηοw much little...?
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Sat May 28, 2011 12:39 am

Should we trust in this bird ?

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 am

Wasn't the S in FISTF at first supposed to mean Subbuteo? But was changed to Sport because of copyright. I think I read this from Peter Upton's tribute pages.

The question surely is if it is possible to add that to a federation name if the trademark is owned by someone else. It would need a license to use it also in the future, because otherwise it's problematic. What happens if Capponi and co will be ousted from the FISTF Board? Do they still give the name for free to use? And how does it go if a manufacturer is so closely in contact with the federation? Not just as sponsor...

Are there other possible problems in this?

I hope this will be done correctly so that no problems will develop.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 am

von K. wrote:Wasn't the S in FISTF at first supposed to mean Subbuteo? But was changed to Sport because of copyright. I think I read this from Peter Upton's tribute pages.
I'm not really sure the copyright was the problem. I believe Laurent Garnier wanted to be totally independant of the producers despite FISTF was some kind of merger between ETF (independant) and FISA (Waddington's).
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Sat May 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Admin wrote:
von K. wrote:Wasn't the S in FISTF at first supposed to mean Subbuteo? But was changed to Sport because of copyright. I think I read this from Peter Upton's tribute pages.
I'm not really sure the copyright was the problem. I believe Laurent Garnier wanted to be totally independant of the producers despite FISTF was some kind of merger between ETF (independant) and FISA (Waddington's).

In Portugal, we have Subbuteo in the name of our Association - APS Associação Portuguesa de Subbuteo. In the time we created the association, we asked permission to use the name and it was granted, and we never had problems with the use of the name afterwards.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum