The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Major" of Athens

+7
kechris
drastis
Luis Filipe Horta
Admin
Kaitsu
Thossa
von K.
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Major" of Athens Empty "Major" of Athens

Post  von K. Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 am

The 5th Major is still in the calendar of FISTF.

I tried to ask which diresctor of sport made the decision to give Athens a Major from the sports forum, but there was no answer.

According to the rules in the latest handbook it looks like it would have to be Heinz Eder who made the decision in the era of Vincent's presidency.

It's a question of huge significance for the credibility of FISTF and its own rules.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

"Major" of Athens Empty Re: "Major" of Athens

Post  Thossa Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm

von K. wrote:The 5th Major is still in the calendar of FISTF.

I tried to ask which diresctor of sport made the decision to give Athens a Major from the sports forum, but there was no answer.

What do you expect when four BoD-members of the Catania-period are now again BoD-member in the Capponi-period scratch
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Thossa wrote:
von K. wrote:The 5th Major is still in the calendar of FISTF.

What do you expect when four BoD-members of the Catania-period are now again BoD-member in the Capponi-period scratch

Considering they represent FISTF (they are not FISTF), and this question is about following the rules of FISTF, I would expect them to do their job as representatives of the federation.

It seems they don't know how to make a difference for private persons need to answer or follow rules and an official representative's responsability to follow FISTF rules and answer questions when rules are broken. Naturally I didn't expect anything from these persons as private persons.

It seems it has to be asked officially as a member nation. I hope more than one members do that.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 pm

I got to read SN. Sadly, because it seems waste of time. (In the right mood it's ok for a good laugh, though!)

From SN (Luis Horta, black, Giulio Fazio, green):

11) Disrespect for the FISTF regulations, allowing 5 Major Grand Prixs from now on, without a proper changing in the regulations.
I leave the answer to Stefano but I think he is respecting the handbook

A lawyers answer, when he could check from the handbook that everything was done against it. The statutes are very well read by him, but the handbook he doesn't bother with. He just shifts responsibility to another person and writes "I think..." instead of checking.

All the other nonsense (no problem with different opinions on minutes from Gersie, because it's not a contract...) and legal technicalities (like the courier thing which in reality is the same as a vote by phone, which was not allowed...) without answering properly (especially Garnier's official FISTF circular about voting), is just too much.

Last edited by von K. on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Little bit offtopic, but it tells something about the situation, if a lawyer is the public voice of FISTF BoD.
Kaitsu
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:11 pm

We need something clean. Let's go WASPA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Admin wrote:We need something clean. Let's go WASPA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did you already give up fighting for FISTF ?
I didn't.
It's better survive for fighting another day...

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes, FISTF is a lost cause...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Admin wrote:We need something clean. Let's go WASPA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry, I already went BANANAS Cool

Luis, don't you see? It's all over. The ship has been taken hostage by the pirates, and I don't have permission to use my boat...

I'll rather build something more positive than try to first get rid of a lot of completely unbelievable people, and then start building again. I was ready to put my energy (as you can read here I have energy and interest by the bucketloads) to make FISTF inclusive to everybody, from north to south, from all continents, better and worse players etc.

After the elections (in which I didn't even participate on the finnish vote casting for the president because I wanted straight and fair voting) all I get as answers to completely valid questions is that I'm a poor loser (I only won more freetime for my kids by losing), that I didn't care about the game/sport enough to travel to Madrid (comment copyright "honorary" president Alan Collins), that I get banned from the SN forum without any explanation, and the list really goes on, but I'll not bother at the moment.

So really Luis, do you think I care to fight for a federation like this, which chooses as its representatives people (regarding behaviour, not everyday person) like this. People like Piero Capponi, who talks nice words in an editorial, but attacks (insulting personally, as president) people he doesn't know anything about on the SN forum.

Sorry, but it's alternative federation time for anyone with self respect, need for discussion, need to have straight answers and who want the federation rules to be respected.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm

We'll start from scratch but it's worth a try!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:59 am

von K. wrote:

Luis, don't you see? It's all over. The ship has been taken hostage by the pirates, and I don't have permission to use my boat...

I'll rather build something more positive than try to first get rid of a lot of completely unbelievable people, and then start building again. I was ready to put my energy (as you can read here I have energy and interest by the bucketloads) to make FISTF inclusive to everybody, from north to south, from all continents, better and worse players etc.

After the elections (in which I didn't even participate on the finnish vote casting for the president because I wanted straight and fair voting) all I get as answers to completely valid questions is that I'm a poor loser (I only won more freetime for my kids by losing), that I didn't care about the game/sport enough to travel to Madrid (comment copyright "honorary" president Alan Collins), that I get banned from the SN forum without any explanation, and the list really goes on, but I'll not bother at the moment.

So really Luis, do you think I care to fight for a federation like this, which chooses as its representatives people (regarding behaviour, not everyday person) like this. People like Piero Capponi, who talks nice words in an editorial, but attacks (insulting personally, as president) people he doesn't know anything about on the SN forum.

Sorry, but it's alternative federation time for anyone with self respect, need for discussion, need to have straight answers and who want the federation rules to be respected.

The problem was that we all should be there in Madrid...

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Could have been funny to see what'd happen if the Congress had been held in Buenos Aires...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
von K. wrote:

The problem was that we all should be there in Madrid...

In a way, yes. But it still gives unequal possibilities for members (smaller members have less money for the association). You have to remember that there have been members also from outside Europe.

So, the real problem is that a global amateur federation should use net conferences and allow votes by other means that were used now (also unequally).

But Madrid has nothing to do with many of the things I wrote above (the stance of the BoD after Madrid is unbearable).

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:22 pm

von K. wrote:
In a way, yes. But it still gives unequal possibilities for members (smaller members have less money for the association). You have to remember that there have been members also from outside Europe.

So, the real problem is that a global amateur federation should use net conferences and allow votes by other means that were used now (also unequally).

But Madrid has nothing to do with many of the things I wrote above (the stance of the BoD after Madrid is unbearable).

I fully agree with your words and I speak against myself also, because I decided not attend Madrid after I give up to be candidate to FISTF BoD.
But, for those who remained candidates it would be better they had attended.
There were a real lack of people in Madrid.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Luis, I appreciate your self criticism a lot.

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
But, for those who remained candidates it would be better they had attended.

Seeing how things have turned out, I'm thinking that I'm lucky to have saved the money and time. I don't believe being there would have changed anything.

But in general, and in ideal situation, you are right, of course.

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:There were a real lack of people in Madrid.

I would have liked to be there. It just was not possible due to money, work and family. If it would be just about choosing where to spend the weekend, then of course more people would be there.

The EGM was also asked to be staged in central Europe, which would maybe have brought more people there. But it's speculation, and only a realistic view, not about it being more fair.

The reality is that in current economical climate, and unemployment figures, travelling or taking freetime from work is not easy for everyone on short notice. The location and the date were set quite late, and it was also changed if I remember correctly (first information was Malta on a different date).

It's a cold fact that it's easier to get more people present if you organise a Congress or an EGM attached to a big tournament. In professional organisations and for millionaires it would be different.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Capponi:

"The Major of Athen will be organised by Lions Pireus , under the direct supervision of the Sport Director of FISTF, Mr. de Francesco."

So the illegal tournament is going to be accepted by the people who should take care that the rules of FISTF are followed. The mother of all jokes. Why should anyone follow any rules anymore? And will the same apply when whoever is in the BoD will decide that they want to have a major/wc/other as well?

Completely unacceptable and unequal to players who have made their plans to play ranking tournaments according to the rules. Not very nice for the top players who have to count their money, and who want to stay in top of the ranking (important to play majors).

Any loss of money for people who have booked, is not a reason to accept this. The situation was known before, and the liability is with the Board of Catania who made the decision. It's completely unacceptable that a person or persons act for their own benefit against the rules, but after change of BoD they are rewarded by letting them go through with what was decided.

Another nail in the coffin of FISTF rules and regulations. It would be nice to know which rules still apply.

Last edited by von K. on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 pm

It's a huge joke. Right now nobody knows what are the rules because there is still no handbook for 2 years. Thank you Mr Capponi for being the undertaker of FISTF!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

The Major of Greece seems to be a fixture for the future also (see calendar for next season). Thus making complete nonsense of the excuses of Piero Capponi about the possible loss of money for people who already booked for it this year, because of which the Major was kept in the calendar this year, and couldn't be abandoned. A load of rubbish, as many of us knew already before this information.

And who is the manager of the competition? Surprise!

It really is beyond a joke.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Disgusting again!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:24 pm

von K. wrote:The Major of Greece seems to be a fixture for the future also (see calendar for next season). Thus making complete nonsense of the excuses of Piero Capponi about the possible loss of money for people who already booked for it this year, because of which the Major was kept in the calendar this year, and couldn't be abandoned. A load of rubbish, as many of us knew already before this information.

And who is the manager of the competition? Surprise!

It really is beyond a joke.

Just saw the list of particpants. Only some greek and a handful of maltese players will going to Athens within the next 48 hours. Plus one of the today´s sanctioned persons by DC is now one of the head referees. Strange things happen in FISDF Shocked This will going to be the Major-tournament with the lowest number of players ever.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:39 pm

out of any sense of logic...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 pm

With this information it would be even more interesting to have Capponi's answer to why this couldn't be deleted from the calendar. Who had bought those expensive tickets?

Thossa wrote:Strange things happen in FISDF Shocked This will going to be the Major-tournament with the lowest number of players ever.

It's everyday life in the wonderland of FISDF! Nothing strange according to the standards of that place...

It will be one of the lowest points (again) of what used to be a global federation called FISTF.

It's such a disgrace. I can hear the fencepoles laughing (finnish saying) at our "professional sport".

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Well, my information is that the President of FISDF himself is thinking of coming to Athens for the "Major" and the "Elections". What a great honour for us will be, to have FISDF President here!!

It's getting worse every day... And the question is: How bad can it be?? Isn't there a limit?? Any way to stop it? Poor table football, you do not deserve such an end...

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:23 am

sorry Thossa but i disagree with you.
yes greek major has not many foreign participations but the problem is the competition manager but also the foreign players.
Every year many Greek players and teams taking part in Berlin (HAVE I RIGHT MARCUS?) but i remember only once a German player took part in Greek G.P.
Who is responsible for this?
The FISTF BoD the last years. And you were vice president.
Why?
Because you allowed many tournaments in central europe so the people prefer to travel in close places with low cost than to travel with aeroplane at the south east corner of europe.
Greek players travel very often to england france belgium germany austria italy spain malta finland BUT THE PLAYERS OF THESE COUNTRIES DIDN'T VISIT GREECE.

Sorry i respect you but the ex Bod WAS THE CERTAIN RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SITUATION.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Vulpes Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:36 am

I had planned to fly with my family. But to April, much has been written and did not know until then, it had enough by 100%. After April I a good price for the flight to get. Also, the Behavior of some in Malta has deterred me
Thomas Vulpes
Thomas Vulpes
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next