The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malta Sports Awards

+2
Luis Filipe Horta
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Malta Sports Awards Empty Malta Sports Awards

Post  Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Malta Sports Awards Empty Re: Malta Sports Awards

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Poor maltese sport!

Yes. Good for Malta! Embarassed

Last edited by Luis Filipe Horta on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:23 pm

i think that both of you are wrong.
if a father is thief but he spend all his money for his familiar he is not bad father.
Catania is a good father (for Malta) but a "thief" for (fistf).

These trophies are good for table soccer but Mata is very small country.
Comments like "poor maltese sport" are unfair.
Well done for massimo and shame for catania is two sides of the same coin. I don't agree with your way Vincent.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Corydoras seracin Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Not only Massimo Cremona & Silvio Catania, but even the Malta Table Football National Team won the Team of the Year. So a big Well Done goes to Mark Gauci, Massimo Cremona, Joseph Borg Bonaci, Charles Aquilina, Samuel Bartolo & Derek Conti. Very Happy

Corydoras seracin
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:29 pm

The award for Catania tells a lot about the lack of media coverage. It would be interesting to know what was the background work and information this was based on.

The players, on the other hand, have merits in TF this year.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:44 pm

I think we, non-malteses, are very sorry because in our countries table football has much less importance than in Malta.
Sincerely, I think that we should be happy for the importance given to our sport in Malta, even we disagree with a single prize.
Congratulations, Malta.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 pm

von K. wrote:The award for Catania tells a lot about the lack of media coverage. It would be interesting to know what was the background work and information this was based on.
It's great that table football gets benefit of os much media coverage but we must admit sport in Malta is not "big". Apart from Tony Drago (snooker), I don't know any famous sportsman from Malta. The fact Silvio gets a prize is good for table football in Malta but I wonder how those who voted for how managed to say he's the official of the year after all he has done wrong this year... It means to me sport in Malta is really run by poor people...
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Sincerely, I think that we should be happy for the importance given to our sport in Malta, even we disagree with a single prize.

No problem for the game/sport getting acknowledgements. It is positive.

I just don't see any possibility to be the official of the year at the same time as probably the worst ever global federation president in any sport (personal opinion, of course). With decent media coverage and reporting it would never happen. That is why I don't see this even as a good thing for TF. It shows the lack of genuine interest.

The fact that in Malta TF is a sport makes the players' award even possible (not possible anywhere else). But also the fact Vincent mentioned. Malta is a small country with not so many achievements in sports. And in Malta skill sports (for example Snooker, TF) seem to be appreciated more than in some other countries. In most other countries it would not possible even by winning every game and tournament in one year.

This takes nothing away from the players who received the award. As I said, they have merits by which they received the award.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Normaly I would say I am happy for Massimo, for this success in his own country, no matter how small it is. But the fact "the worst ever global federation president in any sport" (thanks again, Vesa) is as well awarded, let the whole thing appears as a total farse and the responsable persons for that as dilettantes, proved out of place.

Very sad for Massimo.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down