The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing of the FISTF forum

+6
Kaitsu
drastis
Heinz Eder
Admin
Thossa
von K.
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Closing of the FISTF forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Closing of the FISTF forum

Post  georgy Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 am

Seriously guys! Deleting a FORUM? Are you kiding us? This is "democracy"?

I agree that in some posts the level was below par (at least), but there were SO MANY MORE
threads which were IMPORTANT.

For example there was a whole section about RULES. (Actually, would it be useful for the administrator to create one here as well?) All this discussion now is gone?

I just HOPE that the new forum will still have the information of the old one, if not then what
they did is not only wrong but stupid!
georgy
georgy
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Vulpes Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 am

we have 1500 visitors per month, 50 per day

Webmaster the DSTFB

Thossa wrote:I think it is not right, Vincent, when you say Piero and Stefano almost never used the FISTF Forum.

By the way, Stefano. In November 2009 www.dstfb.de ha about 8.500 hits. Today we are about 17.220

Pretty conclusive Exclamation

Greatings from the worst association lol!
Thomas Vulpes
Thomas Vulpes
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  EFM Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Closing the old Forum was a very strange decision.
Do not respect the openning date of a new forum is also strange.
This new forum came to my knowlegde only when I visited the italien forum. This is strange too for me.
Table football community is without good ways to communicate now.
I don't like the way the FISTF Board is working now.
Sometimes it is good to change, but only for better. I don't this this is the case.
I'm dissapointed.

Luis Filipe Horta
EFM
EFM
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

http://tribodopiparote.blogs.sapo.pt/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 pm

The forum should be the least of the community's worries. The overall work and progress is of essence. If the new board finds ways of promoting, standardizing, introducing discipline and expanding the sport, it is fine by me. If not, the community should change them again until some board can do all these things that are essential for making table football a better game/sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Has anyone heard an explanation on why the promised new FISTF forum hasn't arrived? I'm also still awaiting for an apology for all the missing information, contacts and topics that were there. It was no one's personal property, so how could it be deleted without even a warning.

I'm really angry with this, because a couple of days ago I again remembered the tremendous work of Paul Eyes in the USA. After the closing of that forum, there is no easy way for everyone to get information about the TF in the USA for example (not just the Calfornians). Zach Walker was also there.

Does anyone have information about the situation in the USA? Paul Eyes' work with the kids is of special interest to me. It represents something that the game desperately needs, but doesn't have in most countries. That means lots of children or teens playing without having parents or any adult friends who play.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:54 pm

von K. wrote:I'm really angry with this, because a couple of days ago I again remembered the tremendous work of Paul Eyes in the USA. After the closing of that forum, there is no easy way for everyone to get information about the TF in the USA for example (not just the Calfornians). Zach Walker was also there.
If you are interested in keeping up to date with the goings on in the USA there is the American Subbuteo Association's forum, see here. Most of the regular Subbuteo players post on it.

Most of the clubs in the USA who do have web sites do not update them. Except those Californians Wink

If you have any questions about Subbuteo/TF in the USA feel free to contact me & I'll get you the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Cheers, Simon!

The problem is that I already have too many sites and forums to check almost every day. Getting to know a new one is always taking time. So I'd prefer things to be compact like they were. But the queastion isn't about me and the USA, but the whole community getting easy information and ideas and comments from different countries.

By the way, I like your site, because it shows you enjoy and love the game.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:39 pm

von K. wrote:By the way, I like your site, because it shows you enjoy and love the game.
Thank you for the compliment. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2