The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congress

+17
kechris
Martin Hodds
von K.
panagios
zinga
Heinz Eder
hönkki
Thomas Vulpes
de francesco
wrkl
drastis
ken
Janus_Gersie
alex popoff
Thossa
The_Ozzman_Cometh
Admin
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Congress - Page 3 Empty Re: Congress

Post  kechris Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Now i agree with you.

FISTF is chaos. No full member BoD, no elections, no legal statutes, no hope for the future.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Heinz,

I'm not sure who your post was meant to, but after that it seems even stranger that you (or the austrian official representatives) didn't come on friday. On friday you could've said al these things in public and would 've got support, but now you just write it here.

You weren't there and you clearly have a different picture of events and their meaning than for example me. I feel sad that you didn't see this weekend as important as many others. Otherwise you would've been there or would've demanded an agenda.

Heinz Eder wrote:Getting active? NO, too much work and time.

This is the problem of table football, because it's a small game. People just want to play. That's why it's not possible to kick out people like Catania and Coppenolle, because then there is no one to do anything.

The council is an answer to this problem. Know people who have most time, have the power. The council means that wise people from different countries can participate in decision making, even though they don't have time to be in the board. So, the council means better decision makers, because there are many intellgent people with wise thoughts about the game, but no time for a FISTF board.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  maxischn Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:32 pm

von K. wrote:I'm not sure who your post was meant to, but after that it seems even stranger that you (or the austrian official representatives) didn't come on friday.

i had to work until 4 p.m. on friday, means i would have to drive at least 4 hours (and risking some fines for the german police, and i don't want to support them Razz) which makes 8 p.m. when being really fast.... so it wasn't really that realistic to show up and still take part in some serious discussion after missing already 2 hours of a meeting (and i should have been over by then.....)

but perhaps the countries can and will call in an extraordinary congress (including some regular voting) at the EC in mattersburg? or in rome? who knows *cough*
maxischn
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:01 am

maxischn wrote:
von K. wrote:I'm not sure who your post was meant to, but after that it seems even stranger that you (or the austrian official representatives) didn't come on friday.

i had to work until 4 p.m. on friday, means i would have to drive at least 4 hours (and risking some fines for the german police, and i don't want to support them Razz) which makes 8 p.m. when being really fast.... so it wasn't really that realistic to show up and still take part in some serious discussion after missing already 2 hours of a meeting (and i should have been over by then.....)

but perhaps the countries can and will call in an extraordinary congress (including some regular voting) at the EC in mattersburg? or in rome? who knows *cough*

I understand. Normal life is a pain in the backside. This was more directed to Heinz. I was also surprised that your representatives were not official.

By the way, one representative didn't think it matters that he comes almost 2 hours late, and then starts discussions on subjects that were already discussed before his arrival.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:36 am

If Markus and Heinz knew they could not be there, I too was surprised there was nobody offically nominated by Austria for the Congress.

I was also surprised there was nobody at all present from France, Spain or Netherlands, as they all had plenty of players there to play on Saturday and Sunday.

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  alex popoff Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:25 am

In the future, we must not schedule the Congress and Elections the same weekend with a competition !
alex popoff
alex popoff
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeburns Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:39 am

CAn someone tell what this so called "Council of Nations" is supposed to be?

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:40 am

Von K.
I prefered it to be at the meeting in january, even if the decisions were not realized by the board so far, but in the end much more interesting than 3 hours discussing about elections and then decide to create a council. Wink
If you think a meeting was needed to agree on a council, I must tell you that I don't think so, that could already happen in january, when Finland was not represented.
So we have a draw between Austria and Finland now, right Cool

What was the meaning of the meeting for you?
Are you happy with the result of the meeting?

Additionally I wondered a lot that countries are represented by other countries, this is more strange to me than not being represented. If somebody would have told us that, maybe the austrian federation would have found another association too. Some associations also had players there, who could do that part, but they even preferred it to be represented by other countries instead of players of their own country. Exclamation

If I'm critical now, you shouldn't think that's a position of the austrian federation, it is my personal opinion.
Do you think, something would change if I would have been there as austrian delegate? I was not the one who said, I'm pretty sure there will be elections. I was not the one who said he is sure about the legal situation of FISTF. That's the problem of many people I think. They closed many doors already before the meeting on friday.

I'm not interested what it is called now and if it is official or not, associations should start to work, they slept the last 4 years, I'm only critical if they really want to wake up now. I hope so.
As I said, since january there wasn't any activity from the associations, except of blaming the FISTF Board for their work.
Not very constructive.

It is not always important to sit at a meeting once every 4 years. It doesn't give you the right to tell other associations or people from other countries that FISTF is not important for them, I think especially in my case it is not right, I did my part for FISTF over 4 years, 3,5 in an official position and 6 months as part of a department. This helps FISTF, if you think it helps more to sit 3 hours around a table and discuss about elections, then you are right that I have a different picture of things.

Heinz

von K. wrote:Heinz,

I'm not sure who your post was meant to, but after that it seems even stranger that you (or the austrian official representatives) didn't come on friday. On friday you could've said al these things in public and would 've got support, but now you just write it here.

You weren't there and you clearly have a different picture of events and their meaning than for example me. I feel sad that you didn't see this weekend as important as many others. Otherwise you would've been there or would've demanded an agenda.

Heinz Eder wrote:Getting active? NO, too much work and time.

This is the problem of table football, because it's a small game. People just want to play. That's why it's not possible to kick out people like Catania and Coppenolle, because then there is no one to do anything.

The council is an answer to this problem. Know people who have most time, have the power. The council means that wise people from different countries can participate in decision making, even though they don't have time to be in the board. So, the council means better decision makers, because there are many intellgent people with wise thoughts about the game, but no time for a FISTF board.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 am

I can't tell you, I can only tell you my wish for that.
All associations should be represented, members should have 2 votes, partner associations 1 vote. All members of the council should have the right to bring in a topic and that has to be discussed, it shouldn't happen that any wish or idea of any association is negotiated without being discussed and voted.

Heinz

mikeburns wrote:CAn someone tell what this so called "Council of Nations" is supposed to be?

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeburns Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:47 am

Heinz Eder wrote:I can't tell you, I can only tell you my wish for that.
All associations should be represented, members should have 2 votes, partner associations 1 vote. All members of the council should have the right to bring in a topic and that has to be discussed, it shouldn't happen that any wish or idea of any association is negotiated without being discussed and voted.

Heinz

mikeburns wrote:CAn someone tell what this so called "Council of Nations" is supposed to be?

Thanks for that Heinz but i'm not really any further forward. Is this something that is actually happening? I just dont understand what the "Council of Nations" is going to be? is it just all the member nations of FISTF or is it just an optional talking shop who would make recommendations to the FISTF Board?

I've not been informed of any "Council of Nations" Where did the idea come from?

Sounds a lot of shite to be honest!

(I'm not looking for the answer from you Heinz, just anyone who can tell me. thanks again for telling me what you know)

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:54 am

Janus explained it a bit, the council should take the decisions for FISTF.

mikeburns wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:I can't tell you, I can only tell you my wish for that.

Heinz

Thanks for that Heinz but i'm not really any further forward. Is this something that is actually happening? I just dont understand what the "Council of Nations" is going to be? is it just all the member nations of FISTF or is it just an optional talking shop who would make recommendations to the FISTF Board?

I've not been informed of any "Council of Nations" Where did the idea come from?

Sounds a lot of shite to be honest!

(I'm not looking for the answer from you Heinz, just anyone who can tell me. thanks again for telling me what you know)

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  wrkl Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:09 pm

As I read it the FISTF Board (Silvio etc) will work on behalf of FISTF.

The board's suggestions will be proposed to the Council of Nations who will then decide whether to implement that suggestion.

For example: If there had been a council of members last year they could have vetoed the proposal to set up a Europa League. But, more important than that, could also have given imput to improve the Europa League.

The full scope of the council should be decided shortly by us, that includes you Mike.

wrkl
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeburns Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 pm

wrkl wrote:As I read it the FISTF Board (Silvio etc) will work on behalf of FISTF.

The board's suggestions will be proposed to the Council of Nations who will then decide whether to implement that suggestion.

For example: If there had been a council of members last year they could have vetoed the proposal to set up a Europa League. But, more important than that, could also have given imput to improve the Europa League.

The full scope of the council should be decided shortly by us, that includes you Mike.

Ah, thats makes it a bit clearer.

Well the first thing the council have to push through is the rules on goalkeepers and flicking.

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:20 pm

The idea is also that the decisions are made in the space of approx two weeks starting from when the proposal goes to the council. Short comments and short discussion if needed, and then the decision.

The discussion will be done between the council members, but of course it could be made public for everyone to see.

And only one decision to work on at the same time, so there will be no sidetracks. The wish of some seemed to be that the council works for long time goals and doesn't have to rush and decide on everything inside a couple of months.

These things about the working system of the council remain to be decided first thing when the council starts its work.

And, as John wrote, the scope of the council's work is to be decided.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:36 pm

von K. wrote:The discussion will be done between the council members, but of course it could be made public for everyone to see.
I doubt it would be made public. A private forum would seem most likely & probably the best way.

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 am

Martin Hodds wrote:
von K. wrote:The discussion will be done between the council members, but of course it could be made public for everyone to see.
I doubt it would be made public. A private forum would seem most likely & probably the best way.

True, of course. In this day and age open conversation is important. That's why I left this door open until we know what people want.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3