The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circular 37

4 posters

Go down

Circular 37 Empty Circular 37

Post  Admin Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Should this brand new CIRCULAR mean the top 8 teams of the world rankings of August won't qualify for this year's EC? I thought rules could not be changed during the season... (?)

CIRCULAR0037 21st August 2010
To: All Presidents
All Clubs
All nations
Dear All,
Criteria of qualifications
Champions League & Europa League
The following is the criteria which each nation has to follow for the Champions League and Europa
League competitions. As you know, from one country to another, the number of teams vary according to
a schedule based on the performances of the last five seasons. So we ask you to follow these in order
to submit teams for the Champions League and Europa League.
We recommend that all national federations follow this in order to get over the qualifications of these
new competitions. We look forward to nice events at Mattersburg and Rome and we take the
opportunity to publicly say thanks to the organisers.
Nations with 4 teams
Champions League Europa League
Winner of the Championship Fourth team in the Championship
Winner of the National Cup * Fifth team in the Championship
Second team in the Championship Sixth team in the Championship
Third team in the Championship Seventh team in the Championship
(*) Should the winner of the Championship will be the winner of the National Cup too, then the post will be taken
by the Finalist of the Cup.
Nations with 3 teams
Winner of the Championship Third team in the Championship
Winner of the National Cup * Fourth team in the Championship
Second team in the Championship Fifth team in the Championship
(*) Should the winner of the Championship will be the winner of the National Cup too, then the post will be taken
Nations with 2 teams
Winner of the Championship Second team in the Championship
Winner of the National Cup * Third team in the Championship
Nations with 1 team
Winner of the Championship Winner of the National Cup *
Truly in Sports
Silvio Catania
FISTF President
All communications should be addressed to the Secretary to the Board
Please always quote the reference up here when replying to this communication
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Circular 37 Empty Re: Circular 37

Post  Martin Hodds Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:11 pm

This seems to assume all nations have both a National League and National Cup, which I don't think is the case.

Then again it is a "recommendation". I don't really see the point. All National Associations should be free to decide themselves how to choose teams for each competition.

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Martin all the federations must be follow rules.
If any federation president decide without follow rules then the europa cups will loose their value.
One president maybe will decide to qualify in champion league the worst team of league because this team is his team!!!
Like football (uefa decide for the criteria) and federations must respect these criteria.

p.s if my team qualify in E.C but president decides to send in E.C. an other team because i have bad relationship with him, is this correct?
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Kostas, if your president does that, then it is a personal problem with the president, not a problem with the rules being incorrect.

It is a decision for the national association yes, not a personal choice of the president. The national association should announce each year what is their method of qualification, so all teams know.

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 pm

The problems are not personal.
We are members of international community and we cann't close the eyes in bad possibilities.
If my team qualify in a champion league i want to play with champions by other countries.
Do you like to play in veteran category and your opponents are juniors?
Fistf fedrations and of course all of us we must respect the rules and then we respect the game.
We cann't allow anyone to destroy the game for personal problems. We must keep open our eyes for these occasions.
Thanks for the answer Martin.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 pm

kechris wrote:The problems are not personal.

kechris wrote:We cann't allow anyone to destroy the game for personal problems. We must keep open our eyes for these occasions.
So is it a personal issue or is it not ??

If you have a problem with the president in Greece, then that is sad, but it does not mean every single country has to change it's rules !

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 am

Maybe you didn't understand.
I wrote at first that the problems in table soccer are not personal problems but problems of all table soccer community.
And i after in my second post i insisted the same. Don't close the eyes in problems because we think that are personal problems.
Maybe my english is not very good but I think that is clear, i believe in same rules for all players clubs federations. No special excemption no special explanation for allegedly personal problems.
Table soccer is not the area for solving personal problems.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:51 pm

kechris wrote:i believe in same rules for all players clubs federations.
I understand perfectly, I just do not agree with you Kostas.

I believe each federation should be able to decide itself how teams qualify for Champions League or Europa League. Should FISTF also tell us how we must choose our players for the World Cup ?

If you have a problem with president of Greek federation, you need to get rid of the president, not expect the rest of the world to change its rules because 1 person in 1 country is bad.

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:22 pm

I insist Martin that is not a personal problem between me and greek president.

I think that E.Cups are Fistf's tournaments so it must protect them. If you decide to sent your best teams in europa league and your worst teams in Champion league then in next years europa cups will loose their famous profil.
The teams will stop playing in E.Cups and they will select majors and G.P.
Your example for national team is not correct.
You (england federation) select for the players so if you select the worst players YOUR team will fail.
Do you know why champion league in real football is very popular and with many sponsors. Because best teams by EVERY country taking part.
If for example in next CH.L. play chelsea, bayern and ascoli, extremadura (because italian and spanish associations select a team of 2nd division) do you believe that after uefa can find sponsors?
The people interest for good and strong matches. UEFA asks and controll the teams of every federation (this year gave veto for Portsmouth).
I didn't ask to change the rules. I ask to follow the rules. Circular 37 is a rule. I respect the rules and when i begin dialogue in forum i do this for two occasions: or people don't respect the rules, or because people create fool rules. I think now people don't respect the rules.

P.S. Not only 1 bad person in one country. More bad persons and more fool voters...(in last elections).
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:33 pm

kechris wrote:If you decide to sent your best teams in europa league and your worst teams in Champion league then in next years europa cups will loose their famous profil.
I agree this would be a bad thing, but we would not do this. Why would we send our worst team to the Champions League? They would not have much fun !

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 pm

If you were member of worst team?

Or because teams prefer europa league for more possibilties to play in final.

Or because champions league airoplane tickets are more expensive than europa's league tickets.

Many reasons.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Smith Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Should FISTF also tell us how we must choose our players for the World Cup ?

who is this FISTF you speak of?

confused
Rob Smith
Rob Smith
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

http://www.subbuteoaustralia.com.au/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down