The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The immediate future of FISTF

+5
Thomas Vulpes
Janus_Gersie
drastis
zinga
von K.
9 posters

Go down

The immediate future of FISTF Empty The immediate future of FISTF

Post  von K. Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 pm

We are in deep waters with FISTF and something drastic is needed to save everything. I have to wonder what the grounders of FISTF would think about this tasteless circus that completely forgets the game and its best interests.

In this topic I wish for calm discussion (no sniping) about the possible (even drastic) solutions to save the Table Football Community. I don't see any future for the FISTF with either Coppenolle or Catania as President after the elections (that are filled with law suits already). It's too divided and we need just the opposite.

My personal opinion is that there is only one way out of this. We need a new board with a President that is not tainted by what has happened recently. That is to say an "outsider". He and the Board would be chosen for one years period as a caretaker. His and the boards primary job would be to act as a healer of the community, finding out the needs and wants of federations as well as both professional and part time players. The caretaker Board would also go through the statutes and rules and find out the problematic areas with the help of feedback. They would then make a recommendation for changes, but all changes would be made by vote in the congress.

So this one year Board would not have the serious power to make big decisions without federations votes. This would create a working climate that would clean the plate for a year of personal agendas and continuous fighting. In a way this would cost us a year, but it could save us the FISTF. After a year of calm waters we could have genuine and normal elections.

These things must be discussed before the Congress. After the Congress it can be too late, if nothing is done there. That's the place to influence things and make big decisions.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

The immediate future of FISTF Empty Re: The immediate future of FISTF

Post  zinga Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 am

Totally agree! I would also like to see von K. as a member of the caretaker board. Sometimes it seems that we need Finnish objectivity in the FISTF BoD.
zinga
zinga
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

It is really sad to see how wrong things go with FISTF. What upsets me most in this is that I cannot find ANY serious reason why such things should happen. Vanity? Provocation? Selfishness? One must be really selfish to keep on destroying a whole community just for a place in a BoD...

Us Greeks have seen this happening before. Unfortunately, when we cried our lungs out for support nobody in FISTF community gave a penny. Everyone said it was not their business and we were left alone. But, what goes around, comes around. And it now came around bigger.

My suggestion to national federations is to NOT LET the provisional BoD complete their evil plans. Representatives of nations in Rain MUST ELECT a new BoD. And countries that will not be in Rain MUST VOTE by email. DON'T EAT THE BAIT. Insist in having an election! Don't let FISTF die. Don't give them the chance to hi-jack FISTF.

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 pm

zinga wrote:Totally agree! I would also like to see von K. as a member of the caretaker board. Sometimes it seems that we need Finnish objectivity in the FISTF BoD.

I have to make clear that a Finnish place in a Board is not the motive for the topic. Just realized that the comment by Zinga brings ominously that into mind.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 am

Totally agreed with von K. Maybe we need a new board not just for one year to sort all things out but for two years.

Who can be the moderator for the next term of office ? Who can be the person from outside ? Or do we need somebody from inside ?

It should be somebody with a clear vision and a smooth direction towards it. It should be someone who is capable to moderate ideas and calm down emotions. We need somebody with strong nerves ...

Janus Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 am

Janus_Gersie wrote:

Who can be the moderator for the next term of office ? Who can be the person from outside ? Or do we need somebody from inside ?

Janus Gersie

I think we need someone like you Janus.

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Vulpes Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 am

there are certainly some that may be, but not make it because I can not English well
Thomas Vulpes
Thomas Vulpes
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am

I think we need someone like you Janus.

Not a bad choice. Janus Gersie was the first one who came to my mind too, even though I haven't ever met him.

Vincent would be a very good communication director.

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm

I know it is absolutely not Janus´ aim to sit on FISTF´s presidents chair and apart from the fact that Janus is very busy in his job, he could really be a good choice.

4 out of 7 members of the provisional BoD quitethe job within eight months. The current president can not be so blind to see, he is responisble for this desaster and must take the full responsibility!
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Parnaby Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm

I am not a huge fan of forums, but I have joined this one simply to answer this thread.

Yes, the world of FISTF is in a mess and if we are not grown up and sensible about it, we could all lose the game we love so much. It is time for people to stop playing power games and petty politics. Note that I am not accusing any single person here, we are all guilty in a small way for the current situation.

We need to find a new way. It is good to have a BoD, but we expect too much from them. There is a huge amount of work to be done, and only 5 people, who have lives outside of Table Football.

The current BoD issued a nice letter recently which suggested that the member nations form a sort of parliament, with one person from each nation. This is a good idea as this means that each nation has equal power and a voice which will be heard. This is how the FISTF should be run in the future.

What is needed, is a strong and respected chairman to head up that Parliament of Nations. This can be an insider of a complete outsider, but it needs to be someone who can communicate effectively will the member nations.

There will still be work to do, work currently done by the Sports Dept, Finance Dept, Communications Dept etc. This work could be done either by appointed people, appointed by the Parliament of Nations. Or the work could be shared around to sub committees with those Member Nations. Re just need to restructure and work in a different way.

The most inportant thing that we need however, is for the members of FISTF to support those who are on the Parliament and those who do the background work to keep FISTF ticking over. We all need to stop fighting, stop throwing insults about and work together to make it work.

Whether either Vincent or Silvio are involved will be up to the Parliament. Both have their faults and strengths, and I will not comment further on those. We all have our own ideas.

We need to be firm in our resolve. There will be decisions made that we might not like. But rather than argue and cause problems we should accept the democratic process and accept the decisions of the majority.

I know that I am not well known to players outside of the UK, and that my words might not carry much weight to you all. But please, I beg you, think hard and find it in your hearts to find a way to make this work so that we can all continue to enjoy this wonderful sport and pass it on to future generations intact and thriving.

Mike Parnaby
ESTFA Chairman

Mike Parnaby
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Tell me more about FISTF Parliament of Nations, Mike.
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:19 am

Mike Parnaby wrote:

We need to find a new way. It is good to have a BoD, but we expect too much from them. There is a huge amount of work to be done, and only 5 people, who have lives outside of Table Football.

I keep this paragraph. Why? because i didn't expect too much from them. I expect simple and clear rules and a good calendar by sport department.
I want a communication director with good english who inform in time all federations.
A financial director responsible for the money.
A marketing director responsible for future, sponsors etc
And a president with experience to organise and check all of them.

I don't want a sport director who have opinion for financial.
I don't want communication director to decide for back and freekick .
And of course i don't want a president who check the transfers and sport equipment.

I think that if we want ok by parliament of all member nations for every decision we will loose time.
I like fistf statutes. But i don't like that few persons didn't respect it. We must vote the perfect president and sport financial marketing communication director. No a president who select a team for partners. The terrible mistake of January. No a team by south or north Europe.

And of course a congress which protect national federations by decisions out of logic. Like last decision for NO elections.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 am

Well spoken, Kostas!

BTW: A Parliament of Nations in FiSTF already exist - we call it "Congress". It shouldn´t be a problem to held a congress at every WC. Here is the place where a desicion has to be taken about "Champions League & Europa League" and not by a part-time Sports Director.

Last edited by Thossa on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 am

What is the profil of a perfect BoD?

At first a marketing director. Probably a person who knows the market. Maybe Enrico Tecchiati, maybe Capponi (with new philosophy) maybe one of the producers and resellers (Baxter Taylor DeAngelis Marinucci or one of INSIDE team).

Second the financial director. I cann't propose person but we I think that we need a person who works in bank. He knows the system and he can controll everything immediately.

Communication director. I TOLD HIM LAST YEAR AND I INSIST. Vincent is the world champion as communication director. His profil is not for president. He must change position if he wants to help table soccer.

Secretary. Good user of English, popular with good relationships with all table soccer community. To spend many hours in front of lap top and can work with Vincent. I prefer experience like Heinz or Thossa but i like new talents like VonK. I took good comments by Papadopoulos for him.

For president i think that now the best solution is Janus. I had the pleasure to meet him before few months in our hall in Athens. After the mmeting and many messages i am sure that he is the perfect person. I understand why only him managed to unit the two ex German Associations. He knows to hear a good advantage for president. German federation has not many members but it has so good organisation. I think that another solution as president can be John Lauder. I respect him and i know that all subbuteo community respect him.

For last i will write for sport director. Who is the best? look all posts in forums for rules and for tournaments. The writers are persons who really interest for the game. We need a player who have a lot of experience in international tournaments. A player no from central Europe because he can feel the problems of rest Europe. Much work for a simple person. Maybe a team. Like De francesco idea. But no all italian. In greece we have many persons for this job. Marcus is good teammate for this job. Mike by scotland too.

I am sorry if i forgot some names. This post is my personal opinion after 17 years in International tournaments who i did many friends and many opponents. I spend many hours everyday for table soccer and i am so sad for the situation this time.

Thanks for your time.

p.s. i give my confidence only to the people who use internationals forum and everyone know their opinions and ideas. People who write only in national forums don't care for fistf. People who only read posts without writting posts maybe wants to keep secret your ideas. I hate the secrets of candidates.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down