The International Table Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled

+26
drastis
Rob Smith
ken
Freddy
Len Parsons
von K.
soxy
Arturo
The Truth
de francesco
Thomas Vulpes
SergLoureiro
djspider8
wrkl
kechris
Chris23_at
zinga
Martin Hodds
panagios
Janus_Gersie
maxischn
hönkki
Luis Filipe Horta
Admin
Marcus Tilgner
Thossa
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled Empty FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled

Post  Thossa Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Today the provisional FISTF BoD cancelled the elections in Rain. Unbelievable

What are the true reasons? Fears Catania to lose vs Coppenolle?
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled Empty Re: FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled

Post  Marcus Tilgner Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Who cares about their fears?
What they are doing since they've started is not less than acting against the simple basics of democracy. I don't expect the TF community will accept this any longer...
Marcus Tilgner
Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled Empty Re: FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 pm

What's happening?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Thossa wrote:Today the provisional FISTF BoD cancelled the elections in Rain. Unbelievable

it must be a joke for sure

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tilgner Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Thossa wrote:Today the provisional FISTF BoD cancelled the elections in Rain. Unbelievable

it must be a joke for sure

I wish it was, but allow me to quote from circular0034:
'... We are cancelling elections with full responsibility, as we need more time to give to FISTF what we promised. ...'

when did they promise to kill FISTF??
Marcus Tilgner
Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 am

Should we allow that ?
What are the alternatives ?

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 am

Good question, Luís.

The alternative is, as long as nobody stopps the dictatorship of this provisional BoD they will be in that position as they wish to like.

We are going into the wrong track.

Sad news. Suspect
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am

FISTF died yesterday.

It's time for a new association!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 am

Here is the circular sent yesterday:

CIRCULAR0034 16th August 2010
To: All Presidents
All National Federations
Dear Friends,
FISTF Congress
As from last January, we committed ourselves to work for the benefit of table football community. We
promised you this and we started a number of dirty works in order to resolve a number of issues for
which we did not even receive any handover. For example, at FISTF today we don’t know what
agreements there were in the past years. Although we insisted with this, the only answers we had were
only a clear example of non-collaboration. We ended up in a situation where the donkey accuses his
tail.
With full responsibility and after looking for legal advice we are seeking that FISTF deserves a better
Congress and Election process than simply a two hour meeting, where the concentration would be
more on the draws then on discussing important issues for the future of our sport. Today, there are
people from this board that wish to stop working for various reasons. These places will be co-opted with
candidates that submitted their nomination for the elections.
We need to give stability to this Federation. Our handbook and statutes does not go together. There are
some points which contradict each other. So, we started a process in order to have a clear statute and
a compatible with the statute itself. We need to enter into details in a number of issues in the handbook.
There are a number of circumstances where we are not covering enough the national federation. The
Federations must have a more powerful role in the future of FISTF. So, we started already contacts with
persons close to FISTF and others who can technically help this Federation in order to produce a
statutes and handbook that will make FISTF proud.
We need the contribution of everyone. I must say that when we sent the statutes the only reactions that
we had were from two countries.
So, we need to take the charge in hand and offer our commitment to FISTF. We are cancelling
elections with full responsibility, as we need more time to give to FISTF what we promised. We are
inviting anyone who is willing to work hard for FISTF, but has no personal agendas or personal conflicts
with anyone to come over and help. We are ready to work with anyone as we showed immediately in
January, although unfortunately some reactions were not encouraging at all.
The Congress in Germany will be more a meeting to break the ice for a future direction. We need to
ensure that all associations’ members are real members. An agenda will be issued soon. There will be
some rules of how this meeting will run and I hope that every one of you comes prepared to list the
points necessary according to this country which we must tackle.
I saw a number of valid candidatures for the elections. From these people we will be filling any places
which will opt not to continue after September. A congress will be organised, similar to the one in
January at a later date (to be announced) in order to give the opportunity to have more time face to face
to discuss and work for the future of FISTF.
Truly in Sports
Silvio Catania
FISTF President
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 am

The Statutes of the handbook says:

The Congress

Art. 10
10-1 The Congress shall be solely responsible for the approval of the Statutes of FISTF.
10-2 The Congress shall elect the members of the Board of Director in accordance with the present Statutes.

Doesn't this mean that only the Congress can chance the Statutes of FISTF and the Statutes says there has to be the elections ?

Was the last Congress in 2006 ?

If all the answers are "yes", then there should be the elections.

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 am

Yes, the last Congress was in 2006.

The funny thing about the "change of the statutes" is when I read only 2 countries sent feedback. In the "new file", it was almost impossible to see what was new in comparison with the old statutes. if at least they had put the changes in another color...

Then they could have explained why they changed these rules...

This is science-fiction...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  maxischn Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:50 pm

congress still should be held, new deadline for application for the BoD until end of august and we will vote officially for a new board... if the actual board wants to continue their job they should feel free to apply....

but canceling the election is the most illegal thing ever seen... and I thought it could not get worse...
maxischn
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:05 pm

One of the main interesting questions: who really cares ? Are the associations really interested in the elections ? Who will stand up ?
Janus_Gersie
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  panagios Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 pm

I will ask the same question I asked when something similar happened to my own country: why all this?

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

One of the main interesting questions: who really cares ? Are the associations really interested in the elections ? Who will stand up ?

Finland is interested in the elections.

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:12 pm

panagios wrote:I will ask the same question I asked when something similar happened to my own country: why all this?

That's true. It appears a sequel of an ancien greek movie.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:Should we allow that ?

If we do allow this then maybe we should allow turkeys to cancel Christmas. Wink

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  zinga Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 pm

There is absolutely no way of the BoD to cancel elections. FISTF have statutes and the statutes have to be followed. If the statutes are not well written, then we just have to make a better ones. Until then, the current statutes apply:
7-1 The Congress shall be the legislative body of FISTF;
8-1 The Congress is the general assembly of FISTF and takes place every four years.
10-1 The Congress shall be solely responsible for the approval of the Statutes of FISTF.
10-2 The Congress shall elect the members of the Board of Director in accordance with the present Statutes.

So basically I assume that the Congress will just state that the current BoD is discharged and that there will be an election of a new BoD. If chair of the Congress do not accept this, then the chair just have to be changed.
zinga
zinga
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris23_at Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Perhaps we should cancel also the World Cup and the Champions League Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Chris23_at
Future winner
Future winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Admin wrote:FISTF died yesterday.

It's time for a new association!

I read all posts until now, and this posts was the best.
The first who try to kill FISTF was the ex BoD with the many substitutes of BoD members without elections. But ex BoD were amateur killers.
THE NEW BoD ARE PROFFECIONALS KILLERS.
I wrote many many many times in past "be carefull" for your vote. I asked to select people with experience but you (presidents of federations) vote two full unknown persons like catania and coutroumanos.
I wrote in past many times for the greek problems with the illegal elections. But you close d your ears. Now you are in front of the same problem with Greece. Few (3-4 persons) they want to keep their chairs. To continue their programm. They asked in January 6 months,and after two of them retired and one of them didn't be candidate for the Rain's elections because he doesn't want to continue working for FISTF.
Who want to continue their programm? they ask elections only for the places of members who retired!!!
I think that is very difficult to create new FISTF. But if is more difficult to stop the four DALTONS who keep the chairs then we must work for new begining.

I read in this topic that representers of portugal belgium england austria finland and german ask elections immediately. If none representer of rest federations follow the four DALTONS then they must leave for ever the table soccer.

p.s tomatoes are cheap in greece. If 4 daltons go to RAIN i will send free tomatoes for their faces.
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

One thing should be sure, if the current BoD continues to work, you´d played last weekend the last Major of Mattersburg, Chris Twisted Evil
Thossa
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:43 pm

I want to apologie for my comments last year.
I wrote that Vincent was the worst FISTF president.
I see now that " Joe Dalton" is worst than i can ever imagine.
The greek "Dalton" is Averel...
kechris
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  wrkl Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Perhaps I'm being too simplistic but as I see it if the majority of members at the Congress vote to hold elections then that will overule anything the present board has decided.

We have to remember that the board is there to serve the members not the other way round.

Then perhaps we can return to the proper legal agenda and have an ANONYMOUS vote for the president.

wrkl
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

Back to top Go down

Post  djspider8 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Hy to all,
I confirm again that i stop the secretary Job from 1/9/2010.

Stefano

djspider8
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Back to top Go down

Post  SergLoureiro Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 am

I supported the new FISTF BoB, i thought they were a group of interested persons to develop our game and drive the future on the right way... Actually, at this moment i don't believe them, i spoke a couple of times with Silvio Catania and Laurent Garnier, i really believed on their words and ideas but i think the show - off guys from "Spain" and Italy destroyed everything.

SergLoureiro
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next